divorced transfer cases?

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Looking to put a divorced case in my truck due to some certain reasons of a transfer case not able to bolt up to the trans im going to use. Just wondering what the best option is. Im going to be using the truck as a dd/heavy tow rig and occasional puller. I plan on a high amount of hp and tq so need somethin strong and reliable. Something that can be abused yet not too heavy

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
The other reason is i change a lot of things often, so by going with a divorced t-case it would make engine/transmission swaps so much easier

WeBeStrokin

Reaction score
well you have the np 205 which is what most of the guys with 2 1/2 tons are running in frtont of there stuff and they aren't real heavy, but almost impossible to ruin. Notice I said almost, you can find them in the late 60's early to mid 70's Ford trucks.

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Yeah i know where to find np205s. I have blown up quite a few so was looking for something stronger, but, i really dont want to have to blow major coin on an atlas

WeBeStrokin

Reaction score
yeah the atlas is really the only other choice that I know of. and honestly I forgot about that one. I have never really had a major problem with the 205 but then again I never really had any serious h/p in front of one. Like maybe 300 horse at the most. But I can say they take a hell of a beating.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.