lets talk alarms

yeehaw

Reaction score
My truck had an aftermarket alarm installed sometime while the last owner owned my truck. When i turn my HIDs on it sets it off, even if the truck is running! My sub woofer did the samething too. When i tried to install my power wire for the sub (no fuse in it) and no ground hooked up even on the amp it it would spark and set the alarm off as soon as i would hook into the battery. Anybody have any idea about these alarms, i am sooo lost with it.

bigbadford01

Reaction score
Who ever installed tour alarm they did not hook the door triggers up properly. Insted which I'm assuming you have an older alarm... They had an option for voltage sensing for door triggers. NOT a good way to do as you are seeing.

IMOP, With the frequency of our vehicles being stolen and broken into may I suggest the following. Python 991 alarm with or with our remote start.
Alarm is fully featured and has range up to 1 mile on the paging LCd remote. As well you could, which I did add the DSM250 smart start module so I could control the truck from my phone and includes GPS tracking system.

02POWERSTROKE7.3

Reaction score
Who ever installed tour alarm they did not hook the door triggers up properly. Insted which I'm assuming you have an older alarm... They had an option for voltage sensing for door triggers. NOT a good way to do as you are seeing.

That would be correct. I fix alot of alarms that people try to install.

evo45

Reaction score
IMOP, With the frequency of our vehicles being stolen and broken into may I suggest the following. Python 991 alarm with or with our remote start.
Alarm is fully featured and has range up to 1 mile on the paging LCd remote. As well you could, which I did add the DSM250 smart start module so I could control the truck from my phone and includes GPS tracking system.

When I looked up this alarm their website said it wasnt compatible with diesel engines, did you install it or have it installed? Does it have wait to start?

yeehaw

Reaction score
noo idea what brand, back of my key fob says ATV

and it had to be installed sometime between '06 and '10 by the company who owned it before me

i really could care less about the alarm or someone stealing it, if someone really wants it that bad they can have it.

Latest posts

Members online