Diesel Jetta W85?

sgleshot

Reaction score
ok not sure if anyone will know on here, but I've been kickin around the idea of pickin up a diesel jetta or passat for daily use, I drive around 1500 to 2k miles a week and would like to keep the wear and tear down on the truck a bit. My question is if anyone knows if theres any perticular year of the VW diesels that would run on home brew W85 without issue? I'm just starting to look into them and was just lookin for some input.

evo45

Reaction score
I have been wondering the same thing. I haven't been able to find an answer on wheather or not it would work. If you decide to go through with it be sure to post up about it.

rs7

Reaction score
I plan to in my 97 Passat as soon as I get it running...has some body damage...bought it that way. I plan to put a small fuel pump back by the fuel tank and then probably a water seperator and then an oversized 5 micron spin-on fuel filter before the stock filter.

Probably a boost/vacumn guage port before the IP and then clean it's intake manifold and try to deal with the EGR in some acceptable fashion.

Then the mercedes will probably be up for sale.

muns53

Reaction score
I've got an '03 Tdi Wagon which has been drinking WVO for 60K miles. I run a 2-tank system which heats the WVO to 175*F+ pre-IP. I would NOT do any blending in it at all nor would I do any blending in anything '04 and newer. You can find a lot more info on the pre-'99 series of engines on the tdiclub forum.

Latest posts

Members online