Oil problem help ASAP

slowngreen

Reaction score
Hey guys, I need help by morning. I was getting ready to come home from a field about 20 miles away and I was being a dork and revved my truck once when my dad walked by the exhuast, right after that it died.

Now it wont start. All the normal dash items light up BUT the oil pressure gauge doesnt move.

Theres nothing leaking any where. I could see enough to check all the connections on the sensors either, so I'll have to do that in the morning but Im hoping I can get a better idea of which sensor or what not-it might be. Its a new HPOP and IPR too.

It is getting fuel too by the way....

Thanks

ytee

Reaction score
The first thing I would check is the sheet metal nut on the back of the IPR that holds the round sensor on the IPR. I have had that fall off several times and then motor dies and will not restart. Don't tighten the nut too tight or you will mess it up. I just put a little silicone on the end of IPR over nut and threads. Also, check the wires on the IPR and IPS and make sure they are plugged in. If your fuel heater is still hooked up check the maxi fuses under the hood and make sure there isn't any of the big fuses blown. I cannot remember which fuse for sure I think it is either 21 or 22.

Chris

slowngreen

Reaction score
Every thing "seems" fine...BUT, the back of the alternater (opposite of the pulley) is blown out. Theres a bunch of small bearings and a couple washers laying behind it...Could this have anything to do with the alternater though? It turns over great, voltage gauge acts like it always does, every thing does, except the oil guage and the no start...

Latest posts

Members online