Eric's tunes and higher than normal idle

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I know this has been touched on but i cannot get my truck to not idle at around 850-900 rpm, i have tried reflashing the truck, made sure that it selected egr has been modified ect and no matter what it high idles, i tried street, xstreet, xrace and different trans files with all the same results, i checked all my exhaust sensors and they are hooked up, i dont have any codes at all... im at a loss...

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Im no help but Im curious as to what it does if you detune it?

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I know that I read about this same issue but don't remember anything about it. Return to stock and reload?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i didnt try to return to stock, i figured if i returned to stock and then started it it would never start again LOL

Jhaddox

Reaction score
i didnt try to return to stock, i figured if i returned to stock and then started it it would never start again LOL

Fwiw...I start my truck when it's back to stock all the time then retune...normally did it If the stock trans was acting up

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Really? I have never attempted to start it when in stock. I could see all kind of crap happening. LOL

Dzchey21

Reaction score
ill try reloading stock tomorrow and see what happens, if it doesnt fix it im going to have to run a kem or a spartan tune untill i figure this out

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Really? I have never attempted to start it when in stock. I could see all kind of crap happening. LOL

I'd only run it for like 40 seconds to make sure it was stock...the only thing I could see it doing is popping a. Dpf code and saying pull over...but. It'd just get tuned and all go away

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
The high idle comes if you choose no bungs in exhaust with the new ford flash the tunes based off

Dzchey21

Reaction score
The high idle comes if you choose no bungs in exhaust with the new ford flash the tunes based off

huh?

my system has all the sensors in place in the exhaust, same system i have had forever with no issues untill eric updated my livewire to 2.55 a couple months ago

Had it go into high idle once at the track, reloaded the tune and it was fine, up untill now

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Sensor going bad maybe Dustin?

who knows, ill monitor all the temp sensors and make sure they actually have a good reading coming from them... pretty silly tho dont know why they cant just turn the ***in worthless things off anyway.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
I think it's on the SCT part when it comes to sensors, I remember Mike tried to turn them off and had some side effects with someone i cant recall

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
go back to stock, that will prolly fix it. i have the newest stuff and no issue.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Come on this is obvious!!! What is new in this equation?

Turbos! Take them off, put on the single and all is fixed. You are welcome!

Latest posts

Members online