Headlight Painting.... I'm so indecisive!

TripleE44

Reaction score
Well guys, I've got a set of headlights headed to TrueBliss Customs that should be there tomorrow at some point, but I just can't decide what color to paint em. Wanted to see more of what y'all think since I can't seem to make up my mind no matter how long I think about it.

Option A: Satin black with glossy smoked reflector, with a little amber left showing through.

Option B: Satin black with glossy dark grey reflector, to match up the bumpers.

Option C(Credit to Monstar for this idea): Satin black with gloss white reflector.

I like the idea of A because it allows me to keep it kinda neutral to whether or not I eventually paint my bumpers white, and also with a little amber left on the reflector it keeps it pretty legal.

I like B because it ties in the dark grey from the bumpers, but if I ever go to white bumpers it's going to look somewhat out of place I'd think.

And finally, I like C because it could look custom, will work with whatever I decide with the bumpers. The downside is it's not really going to be 100% legal, but I bet it'd pass inspection when the time comes. I could always keep my stock set of headlights to swap if I needed to.

I don't really want to say what I'm leaning towards, because I want y'alls opinions and thoughts. Chances are, y'all will end up deciding what colors my headlights get painted, so let all the opinions out.

Here's a pic of my truck.
1f405433.jpg

And before anyone says to do em white, I don't really think I like that look. I think the contrast of the chrome being black will match up with the FX4 grille better. Here's a pic just for reference.
DSCN2009white.jpg

TripleE44

Reaction score
What do y'all think about the satin black thing? Only reason I'm thinking that route is besides my windows, nothing is glossy black so I figured it'd be kinda out of place.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
the gloss or satin i dont feel will matter too much because the lense is gloos clear, so it will kinda give the allusion its gloss black anyway, hard to explain, i honestly dont see satin or gloss making a bit of difference as far as apearance goes

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
The reason I painted the blue and black how I did, is because it flows so much better with the blue paint from the fender to the headlight. I was thinking vice versa at first with a blue reflector and such, and I was thinking all blue too, but I knew I was going with the black and blue scheme on the truck.

But I thought it would look weird where the headlight meets the fender if it was black.

This is my favorite choice, but the other way I mentioned was my second choice.
8210b11f.png

java

Reaction score
You could do the bezel grey and the reflector white.. But then you would have to keep the bumpers grey. But I think it would look pretty cool.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I have to say I like the Idea of the white bezels and the black reflector. No one that I know of has done it and I think it would look badass.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
I have to say I like the Idea of the white bezels and the black reflector. No one that I know of has done it and I think it would look badass.

this is the route im highly leaning towards on my 2011. Just got to find some spare head lights and somoene to paint em

TripleE44

Reaction score

this is the route im highly leaning towards on my 2011. Just got to find some spare head lights and somoene to paint em

My lights are going to True Bliss Customs, just because I'm too much of a weenie to do it on my own, and I want to make sure the paint is correctly done. I've heard they do really good work as well. After I get mine back you're more than welcome to meet up with me and inspect em.

Here's a couple other pics I found of that guy's truck. I just think it might be too much white.
DSCN2012white.jpg

DSCN1933right.jpg

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I still say white bezel, black reflector and chrome (amber when lit) bulb.
Its different and would look pimp, how ever I was scared to do mine too because I knew Id mess them up in the oven lol.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
sent mine out also. I agree with monstars choice of the PTM on his truck. but I feel like on white(and my red) it just is too much. the colors are way brighter than black, blue, green, etc. I got a set of harleys on mine now and I LOVE the contrast from red to a black headlight. my vote is black with a white reflector:D def be different

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
It was really easy to pop these apart and paint these, you'd be surprised. I'm not sure how much everyone is getting charged for labor and materials, but all I had to buy was the paint, clear and the rtv to seal em up, and scotch brite. Very cheap and fun to do. More of you guys should try it, save some time and money.

Latest posts

Members online