Blew an HPOP line...

KPSquared

Reaction score
So, I hit the throttle to feel my still new-to-me power and she jumped and then died... I hit the key and coasted off the road. Noticed a ton of smoke coming out from under the hood...

So I jumped out, opened the hood and saw oil sprayed EVERYWHERE... I can only assume this means I lost an HPOP line. I haven't even had a chance to clean everything off but I don't think an o-ring is gonna make that kind of a mess or lose that kind of volume so fast.

Here's my problem... the previous owner must have got some hydraulic shop to make him new lines when he found out what the old Ford ones were worth ($260 a side up here in rip-off land). So, I no longer have the factory quick connect ends and am gonna need to find a set of those.

Does anyone have any spares kicking around? Or should I just suck it up and buy a set of 4 ($100 from dieselorings)?

Here's a pic of the lines the guy had on there... I suspect they were not rated for the PSI of the HPOP... looks like an ORB fitting maybe?

utf-8BSU1HMDAwOTEtMjAxMTA1MDctMTM0My5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAwOTAtMjAxMTA1MDctMTM0My5qcGc.jpg

neverkickn

Reaction score
Looks like a crimped on jic fitting. The orb fitting will be the one that screws into the head. Good luck. I would sell you a set of lines with fittings attached If I had more than one set. Surely someone here will have a set you can buy off them.

KPSquared

Reaction score
Anyone help me out? I need to know 'cause if I can't find some used fittings I'll just order the whole mess from diesel o-rings. Its about $300 for 2 lines and 4 fittings and a quick release tool.

Anyone know if I can find a better price?

cfdeng7

Reaction score
I would check and see what our sponsor sunrise ford can do. 25% off and free shipping to members. Post in their section and request a quote

KPSquared

Reaction score
It would have to be a helluva lot more than 25% to compete... Ford here quoted me $270 per line and $45 per fitting... That's $720... Even if Sunrise got me a better deal I'd lose it shipping to Canada... But I'll go ask... Why not?

F350-6

Reaction score
The OBS trucks didn't have the quick connect fittings (SCT). If you don't want to spend the money, go to a local hydraulic shop and have them build you a set of lines with the proper rating and the correct fittings for the ends. That or look into the HPO lines for an OBS truck from a local International or Ford dealer.

KPSquared

Reaction score
Or did you mean OBS lines will work as well without the fittings?

The previous owner had these made up but the local hyraulic shop said they were not rated for that kind of pressure. They don't have anything but there's a bigger shop not far. I plan to talk to them in the AM.

Hopefully I can just get some new lines made up that are actually rated for at least 3000psi...

Members online

No members online now.