Trans Problem

Petro

Reaction score
Well Guys im pretty sure my trans just went out, It wont shift into overdrive, the shift from 3rd to 4th doesnt grab right away, the torque converter never locks up and reverse slips. Now is the trans out or could a sensor or somthing else be causing this. Any info would be great, but if its actually goin out its probably getting traded off.

dmd

Reaction score
What does the fluid level look like, and what condition is the fluid? When was the last
time the fluid was changed?

Petro

Reaction score
Level is good, looks red to me but its kinda hard to tell on he POS dipstick that ford put in these trucks. Ive owned the truck for 25,000 miles and ive never had it flushed or changed it so who knows?

Petro

Reaction score
It threw a check engine light right before i got home with it. I dont have a code reader so i dont know what codes it threw. Ill find out tomorrow if it makes it to work. I just cant believe im having problems with it already.

Petro

Reaction score
I ordered livewire, it isnt here yet so im still running the edge race evoulution. The edge wont pull up any codes. On the way to work this morning it shifted fine but wouldnt go into overdrive at all and the torque converter never locked up. On the way home it shifted kinda rough but made it into all gears including OD. About half way home i stepped on it to pass a car and the TC unlocked, it dropped a gear and then wouldnt shift back into OD or lock up the rest of the way home. I still dont have any codes so i guess tomorrow its goin to a shop.

jdgleason

Reaction score
I would change the fluid and the filter. Maybe one of the solenoids is goobered up. Doesnt sound like anything actually full on failed yet.

Petro

Reaction score
Well i just disconnected the batterys for about 20 minutes to reset the computer. Drove it and it shifted pretty good and went into overdrive again but as soon as you start goin up a hill or pushing it, the TC unlocks and it drops a gear and stays that way until you start over from gear one. Reverse slips and kinda shakes sometimes and other times works perfect so idk. Im really hoping for a solenoid or sensor but i have my doubts, i dont have alot of faith in Automatic transmissions.

Petro

Reaction score
Well i put new tunes on it, and it shift 100 times better. It still isnt 100% but its alot better than it was. Idk if the edge is what was doin it or if it is actually goin out but im gona trade it off on a four door this weekend so i dont have to worry about it.

Petro

Reaction score
Well put it in Extreme Street last nite and ran a 13.7 in the quarter and the trans never missed a beat. Is it possible that it was all a programming issue from the edge?

Petro

Reaction score
Ya i heard that also. I still believe there is something wrong in there but its not real bad. Im lookin at an 08 ccsb to replace it so hopefully i dont have to worry about it anymore

94.5 Stroker

Reaction score
Don't mean to derail the thread, but where do you work Petro? I'm originally from Lincoln, spent 18.5 years of my life there. Also, what part of Lincoln do you live in?

Petro

Reaction score
As of right now I work at Butler County Landfill by David City. I'm actually from Brainard which is right in the middle between David City and Wahoo. Its about 30 min north west of lincoln and that where im living now. Here in the next week ill be moving back to Beatrice to work for a Rancher and to go to school at SCC.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.