CCV Reroute...Finally!

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I finally decided to get around to this, so my buddy Josh and myself tackled it today in the Advanced Auto Parts parking lot. It wasn't bad at all once we decided the best way to route it. I went with 1" ID heater hose, so a 90* simply wasn't going to work. We decided to take it across to the drivers side and send it down under the degas bottle. Everything worked great once we had everything we needed in hand. The only problem we ran in to was figuring out what to use to cap off the factory CCV inlet on the intake tube. I wasn't fond of plugging the hole up, just didn't think it would be a good idea. Thanks to the help of a trusty Lowes employee, we located some "rubber chair tips". Pure perfection! It was almost as if they were made specifically for this project. LOL

Pictures of everything, including the parts:

Rubber chair tip
135-1.jpg

1" heater hose
136-1.jpg

137-1.jpg

138-1.jpg

90* for the dump to atmosphere
139-2.jpg

Trusty clamps
140-2.png

Best invention known to man
141-2.png

And the 1" heater hose
142-2.png

That should be everything (other than zip ties). If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. Nothing to it really. If all the parts are on hand, this could easily be done in less than 20 minutes.

NotStock

Reaction score
Nice work! That chair leg end was perfect! Keep an eye on it just in case it cracks do to the heat. Some of those are cheap rubber that wont hold up to your engine bay.

I love working in the parking lot of a hardware store to build stuff. Makes parts runs easy! Last year we assembled half of our SEMA truck in the parking lot of an Ace Hardware. Found one that carried a nice selection of stainless hardware and set up shop. I just left my CC with the cashier and everyone working on the truck had her run it as needed, lol.

Latest posts

Members online