coolant filter???

strokr06

Reaction score
i just flushed cooling system again. Should I add coolant filter now, or wait till I delete egr and replace oil cooler. ive read on other forums that coolant filters sometimes help existing oil coolers fail. Any truth to this??
:redspotdance:

:thumbsup: 06/6.0 4'' turbo back exhaust, edge evo, bilsteins, hella ltng,
and as always synthetic oils only

07stroker

Reaction score
I personally have never heard anything like this...IMO I would install the coolant filter before you delete the egr and install a new oil cooler so it has a chance to get any casting sand etc. out of the system before it has a chance to foul the new cooler.

chappy

Reaction score
I would add it now as well. After having a oil cooler fail I put one on as soon as I changed the oil cooler. it would have been on there before but I was having 30-40 degree diffeence in temps due to the oil cooler plugged.Get as much sand and crap out that you can before the new oil cooler has to have it run thru it.

strokr06

Reaction score
Ok ordered coolant filter yesterday went ahead and added 4 extra filters w it and hope to get it before weekend and install it. I went w sinisters kit just like the way it looks and valves will be great for filter change. So no downside to add coolant filter ??

06/6.0 edge EVO, 4" turbo bak exhaust

chappy

Reaction score
No downside except more cost on yet another filter for your truck. I put the sinister on 2 trucks and mine ended up leaking right after putting it on. i ended up having to use thread tape on 2 of the fittings.

Zmann

Reaction score
funny they didn't have you put thread tape on in the directions?
they even have it on in their picture

coolant_filter_main.3.JPG

3brorce

Reaction score
Anyone use or hear anything about the dfuser coolant filter kit?

Latest posts

Members online