Best monitor available?

Dustball8504

Reaction score
I'm getting a 6.4 truck in the next week or so. I'm currently looking at one that already has a DashDAQ in place. I'm definitely wanting to run SCT tunes to stay loyal to Innovative as they've done all my tuning in the past. I also have an SCT TSX laying around brand new. My question is of these two options, which is the most accurate monitoring device? Or would my best bet be to sell both and get an SCT X3 and an Edge CTS?

jdgleason

Reaction score
Dashdaq is hands down the best monitor. Especially since dzchey21 has developed his new setup for watching Low pressure boost. X3 and cts is a real cost effective way to go tho as well.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
I'd sell the tsx, get an x3 to tune With, pocket the extra cash and keep the dash daq to monitor with

Dustball8504

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies on this. Sounds like the DashDAQ is the best monitor available and since its already with the truck I'll definitely keep it. If all goes well I should have it next week sometime :D

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
I have a tsx as well but haven't used it. Does a tsx, dd, and cts have all the same parameters? Is dd still the best out of the 3, I'm trying to figure out what to do. I'm running kem on a h&s xrt for now until innovative figures out sct. And is the tsx even accurate? I'm kind of worried it's not since the bluetooth.

On edit, I was thinking about returning my tsx to innovative and getting a x3 and cts. What do yall think

Last edited:

WoodBoy

Reaction score
I think the dashdaq has the most parameters. The edge cts is missing a couple but updates should fix them. What you mean until innovative figures out sct?

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
I think the dashdaq has the most parameters. The edge cts is missing a couple but updates should fix them. What you mean until innovative figures out sct?

Well last time I checked with them they don't have they're tunes ready for the tsx with the new flash. I remember I plugged in my tsx just to watch my gauges and all the numbers were way off, and I don't think they were even reading metric right, but that the flash actually changed around where the gauges were reading from originally. Yall have some more info on this?

Oh and does the cts allow you to change the way you read measurements? I dont like reading kpa and would like this to be as easy as possible.

Last edited:

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Well last time I checked with them they don't have they're tunes ready for the tsx with the new flash. I remember I plugged in my tsx just to watch my gauges and all the numbers were way off, and I don't think they were even in metric, that the flash actually changed around what the gauge was reading from originally. Yall have some more info on this?

I know with the livewire a few things are metric

PSI->Bar is the main one thats a pita

IMO the DashDaq is by FAR the best monitor you could use

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
Hmm... Now you have me second guessing lol. I just want to make these transactions as easy as possible.. By getting a x3 from Eric without question, but getting the rest refunded and selling my xrt for a dash daq, instead of returning the tsx for a x3 and cts from Eric like I was originally planning.

What about clarity with the numbers, I know you can set them up to look bigger for a certain gauge but, I'm just looking for the easiest to read. My eyes are horrible. Oh and which one has a nicer outlay and looks more up to date?

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Hmm... Now you have me second guessing lol. I just want to make these transactions as easy as possible.. By getting a x3 from Eric without question, but getting the rest refunded and selling my xrt for a dash daq, instead of returning the tsx for a x3 and cts from Eric like I was originally planning.

What about clarity with the numbers, I know you can set them up to look bigger for a certain gauge but, I'm just looking for the easiest to read. My eyes are horrible. Oh and which one has a nicer outlay and looks more up to date?

ive personally never used a CTS...ive seen them...but i have 6 PID's on my dashdaq that i monitor when i drive, and i have no problem reading any of these when i drive...you have the chose of making them a digital gauge or analog..the digital measures in tenths, the analog, you basically set em up how ever you want...the most you can do is 3 analog and be able to reasonably read them...but a button at the bottom of the screen lets you move between analog/digital and different displays as much as you want

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
ive personally never used a CTS...ive seen them...but i have 6 PID's on my dashdaq that i monitor when i drive, and i have no problem reading any of these when i drive...you have the chose of making them a digital gauge or analog..the digital measures in tenths, the analog, you basically set em up how ever you want...the most you can do is 3 analog and be able to reasonably read them...but a button at the bottom of the screen lets you move between analog/digital and different displays as much as you want

Thats more along the lines of what I wanted to hear. Anyone have a old dd to sell? I'm not sure how much they are new, I don't feel like getting shafted bc I'm sure they are pretty expensive. Better yet, any vendors have good deals on them that yall have seen?

Sorry if this is a bunch of rambling. My pain pills make me feel all over the place. Especially at 10am lol.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
i love my CTS. very cost effective and very nice. BUT i agree the DD is prob nicer.. i can monitor up to 8 parametrs digital. 5 parameters with 3 analog and 2 digital. i went X3 CTS for a while before i dropped SCT and went H&S XRT. only complaint i have on the CTS is no Rail Pressure.. but they are coming out with an update that has it soon.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Thats more along the lines of what I wanted to hear. Anyone have a old dd to sell? I'm not sure how much they are new, I don't feel like getting shafted bc I'm sure they are pretty expensive. Better yet, any vendors have good deals on them that yall have seen?

Sorry if this is a bunch of rambling. My pain pills make me feel all over the place. Especially at 10am lol.

the DashDaq by itself from DrewTech is around 600 new...That is without the Spartan Tuning, which obviously you wont need

http://www.dashdaq.com/buy/buynow.htm

Hope that helps

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
the DashDaq by itself from DrewTech is around 600 new...That is without the Spartan Tuning, which obviously you wont need

http://www.dashdaq.com/buy/buynow.htm

Hope that helps

It won't be equipped with a Ford specific license if bought that way, meaning it won't have nearly as many PID's offered.

I would recommend finding a used Spartan Phalanx. It will be much cheaper going that route.

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
Thanks Jd and thanks guys. Is the phalanx a higher model than the dd, guessing not since it's cheaper? Just trying to get the best pricing out there, but want something that doesn't look bulky and is efficent and slim with a nice big screen

edit: I don't see the difference bw a dd and phalanx, but I think i'm searching in the wrong places. My ie isint loading great so bear with me

Last edited:

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
The Phalanx and DashDAQ are the same. The reason I said Phalanx is because you want to find one that is a Spartan tuner, not just a regular old DashDAQ.

Latest posts

Members online