Fummins Concerns

OuchThatHurt

Reaction score
Hey guys. Found, what seems to be, a really bad ass fummins. 2005 f350 with a intercooled 12v w/ suncoast 47rh that has overdrive switch and lockup switch. Engine has built head, 5x14s injectors (140hp), dual feed kit to the pump and brand new Airdog 165. Full destroked swap kit. Every single thing in the truck works like factory accept truck doesn't have cruise control.

Anyone done a cummins swap? Any horror stories? Anything I should ask or look for?

Attachments

• IMG_48591696313777.jpg
    IMG_48591696313777.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_48562777809518.jpg
    IMG_48562777809518.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 344

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
I would post this in General Discussion or Conversion forum to get some responses from guys who converted. Or PM Notenoughsmoke on here, he has a whole stable of Fummins trucks. Best of luck man, sorry I can't help you.

ncollins64

Reaction score
I done a 6.7 conversion. Everything worked like factory except cruise like you said. I had a lot of money in the engine to make it right. I had the intake milled off and a full port and polish job done. Had the head sent off 3 times and Haisley done some work as well. Beans diesel is local and they did the wiring as I didn't want anything to do with it. It was fun as it was my first fummins build. I just got tired of it as the 6.4s was coming on strong and I wanted a change and wanted cruise.

swinky

Reaction score
I grew up with him. He's a Cummins nut. Stand up guy though I wouldn't be afraid of buying it.

fbilly420

Reaction score
Unless you need it to pass emission test. 12v in an 05 is a big no no for emissions. Nice truck though

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
My 04 had an 03 Common Rail in it back in 08. That truck have few to no issues and the ones it did have were just growing pains since there weren't that many swapped trucks back then. It was the first one I could find to run the Dodge trans too, although it was the 48, not the 47. That truck is on it's 4th owner now (me being the first) and only snapped one billet input shaft and just recently blew the head gasket. All in all a good track record for a motor that was north of 750 hp from day 1 and well over 800 now. I think they're awesome when don't right.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Very awesome, and I'd love to have a 12v with a manual trans in one just because.

But I sure don't want to pay for a nice one! Lol

OuchThatHurt

Reaction score
The transmission runs great! Shifts are good, tc lockup is good, and overdrive switch all work good. Now if i can jsut figure out why the elctrical side is failing. (not sure if its failing after the truck was purchased or if it was already failed and didnt notice it)

windshield wipers and washer fluid dont work, starter grounded out (or just burnt up) and therefore fried the fuel shut off solenoid.

Starter and fuel shut off solenoid were second day i owned the truck.

Other than that truck runs great

OuchThatHurt

Reaction score
Got the truck running 100% Feel very accomplished!

Anyone ever had an overdrive switch and a torque converter lock up switch?

Is there a way to burn up the torque converter in slower traffic, W/O it locked up? its a suncoast triple disc.

Latest posts

Members online