Found some wheels...opinions?

SDstroker

Reaction score
Good price. I have the same color truck as you and I would get them and powder coat them black. Just my opinion

stroker2

Reaction score
Im not real interested in black wheel personally. They have to but just right in order for me to put black wheels on my truck.

Ehhhh ....
guess thats a no from you

They're 16x8's....

Thanks for ready my post closely....if you look even harder you will discover that they also have a 4" backspace :poke:

What exactly are you getting at? To narrow?

Jason

Reaction score
I would go bigger than a 16" rim. I have 18's, and with the size tires I run, I feel that is perfect. I wouldn't go smaller than a 18, I've tossed around going to 20's during my build, but I just put $1600 worth of rubber on, and only have about 5k miles on them.

stroker2

Reaction score
I would like to be at a 17" but i just ran across this for what seems to be a fair price. I hate how the price of the wheel and tire go up as the rim size goes up.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
guess thats a no from you

What exactly are you getting at? To narrow?

bingo... too small, minimum of 18" rim. mickey thompson classic locks 18x10 polished with a polished beadlock on 35s would look great imo on your truck. since you dont like 20s, i figure 18s you could grow to like since they are only 2" bigger than 16s. youve gotta keep up with the times old man! LOL

stroker2

Reaction score
bingo... too small, minimum of 18" rim. mickey thompson classic locks 18x10 polished with a polished beadlock on 35s would look great imo on your truck. since you dont like 20s, i figure 18s you could grow to like since they are only 2" bigger than 16s. youve gotta keep up with the times old man! LOL

Well if i am to buy new wheels i was looking at the black/machined xd hoss 17x9 if i have to buy brand new wheels. Who you calling old man!!!!??? I cant even drink yet.....legally....i mean ok i will take a look at those wheels your talking about:lookaround:. Not sure how the bead lock is going to look though. And polished is really hard to keep clean though isn't it? vs. chrome, black, or stock i mean?

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
like these ( my old wheels)

P1070452.jpg

oh and for the old man comment, you coulda fooled me LOL

Last edited:

stroker2

Reaction score
like these ( my old wheels)

P1070452.jpg

oh and for the old man comment, you coulda fooled me LOL

Yeah i like a simple clean wheel look as well. And at least im no dumba$$ sh!t talker of a kid i guess LOL

I am considering a few wheels. Before i pull the trigger on something i will see if i can get wheels photoshopped on my truck to make sure it looks right.

bruce

Reaction score
Well if i am to buy new wheels i was looking at the black/machined xd hoss 17x9 if i have to buy brand new wheels. Who you calling old man!!!!??? I cant even drink yet.....legally....i mean ok i will take a look at those wheels your talking about:lookaround:. Not sure how the bead lock is going to look though. And polished is really hard to keep clean though isn't it? vs. chrome, black, or stock i mean?

black and machined kmc hoss ftw!!!! i run 22's though

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
its just a 16x8 is pretty small all the way around.. you cant run a really wide tire with those without the sidewall dipping in really hard and looking bad.. i get where your coming from with the 0mm offset and skinnny wheel if you dont want them sticking out. but i had a 18x9 XD Hoss 4.5BS and -18mm offset with a 35/12.50/18 BFG KM2 and it barely if any stuck out and looked amazing. 03 350 btw with 2" leveling. i have to say- the mickey thompson classic-not beadlock might be what your looking for in at least a 9" wide.

stroker2

Reaction score
Only problem i have with a wheel like that is that its dishing out the dough for a wheel that looks similar to an xlt wheel on my lariat truck. But it may be the best look for my truck at the same time....decisions decisions haha

Betarocker

Reaction score
My opinion is that 18 is the new 16.

I also think that the 8" is too narrow for the 12.5" width of the tire size you are considering. If you run air pressure high enough to get decent handling, you compromise the wear rate, and if you set the pressure to get good even wear, you will have poor handling. Look for something 10" wide, so that the tread width equals the rim width.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I agree with beta rocker, you need a wider wheel. I have 10wides on my truck now and the tire is a 37x13.5. The rim needs to be wider tho!! If I put 55lbs in my tires they crown a little bit more than I like.

Bruce suggested a xd hoss, they are a nice looking wheel. I love em! The problem is they only come in 9" widths. Although I dont remember what the 22" series have for width options.

Another problem, with 22's is the availability of tires. There are TONS of good tires out there but it seems that 22's havent got enough attention for the rubber guys to make much available. Just something else to take into consideration.

I ditched the idea of 22's for that reason.

stroker2

Reaction score
Yeah i definitey wont be going with 22's. Problem with a 10 wide is that they will stick out a good bit if you get the correct offset to keep from rubbing im pretty sure. Thats why i would like to have a 9" wide. Maybe im wrong?