Replacing Cab Mounts

Yodersstrokin96

Reaction score
well i am about to do the dreaded task of the body mounts and was wondering if anyone had any tricks or something to help me out when i go to do this. Will i need to drop the front tank??

94.5stroker

Reaction score
I'm wondering if my cab mounts aren't getting bad........ will they cause the floor to sometimes feel like it's shifting? Sorry for the hijack.......

Yodersstrokin96

Reaction score
I'm wondering if my cab mounts aren't getting bad........ will they cause the floor to sometimes feel like it's shifting? Sorry for the hijack.......

i have heard mine rubin some where in the back, and cab to bed does not line up at all anymore so i figured 70 bucks should cure it . . . . . well i hope:jammin:

tjl

Reaction score

Yes they will. I can feel my cab shifting a little on bumps.

94.5stroker

Reaction score
if anyone wants i will prol try and tackle this tonight or tomorrow night if anyone wants any photos

That would be cool if you want to..... I would check it out, totally up to you though.......

i have heard mine rubin some where in the back, and cab to bed does not line up at all anymore so i figured 70 bucks should cure it . . . . . well i hope

I don't have a box so I can't tell if they line up haha but lately I have noticed the floor seems to move slightly in bumps...... I also have some weird noises coming from up front I think it's my fenders though idk prolly all related as the pickup was totaled by deer before I got it.....

old man dave

Reaction score
An alternate method is to use a length of chain looped around a floor jack and the ends attached to the mount bolt. Jacking up the truck would pull the bolt and bushing out without drilling out the bushing or having to make a puller and turning a lot. This was posted on TDS as I recall.

jmsmith76

Reaction score
Sorry to wake up an old thread. Did you ever finish this project or does anyone have some other tricks? I really thought the jack and chain method would pull it out but it ended up breaking the nut off the bottom of the sleeve. Lol. Welded it back on and looking for other ideas now...

Denver

Reaction score
The hardest part is seperating the rear drivers side bushing above the tank. Other than that its just lift the cab and replace. I did this on my 95 twice. The first time I used energy suspension bushings. The cab to bed body lines were off and the cab sat tilted and it I was able to feel every bump in the road. I then spent the coin on OEM bushings and it put the cab right were it needed to be and it rode a hell of a lot better.

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
Here is a question for anyone that has done this. I have the energy bushings. Do I need to retain the steel bushing that are in the OEM mounts? Or can I just cut them in half and bolt in the poly ones? Energies directions SUCK

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.