Transmission prob!!

Rmartin-97

Reaction score
My dad has an 07 6.0 he has an exaust and innovative tunes. And on the extreme street tune when your gettin on it once it hit about 3400rpm it like it goes in neutral and bounces off the rev limiter and won't shift. It don't do this on any other tune and ideas on what it could be. Does it sound like a tranny prob or a tuning problem?

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
that sounds like shift flare. mine did the same thing. basically, your direct drive solenoid can't keep up with the increased shift pressures/shift timing from the hot tune and the direct clutch pack is not getting enough fluid in time to make the shift. I would bump the shift pressure in your SCT up 15-20% then replace the solenoid with an upgraded DD solenoid from GoGo diesel or suncoast. the part is about $150. cured my problems (for now) and I have big injectors and turbo on top of the innovative tune. hope this helps.

Rmartin-97

Reaction score
that sounds like shift flare. mine did the same thing. basically, your direct drive solenoid can't keep up with the increased shift pressures/shift timing from the hot tune and the direct clutch pack is not getting enough fluid in time to make the shift. I would bump the shift pressure in your SCT up 15-20% then replace the solenoid with an upgraded DD solenoid from GoGo diesel or suncoast. the part is about $150. cured my problems (for now) and I have big injectors and turbo on top of the innovative tune. hope this helps.

Ok thanks I'll try that.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
k...pm me if you have any questions. i'm far from a trans expert but you just drop the pan and swap the solenoid. it's the one in the middle in the bank of solenoids that closest to the rear of the truck.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I think you should have Eric resend the tune. Sounds a corrupt file to me. At least give Eric a call or send him an e-mail explaining the problem.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I have this issue with every single tune that vivian sends me. Never got it figured out and it was NOT corrupt. EVERY tune she sent me did this. It would eventually go away after about 5k miles of easy driving. I have tunes from Eric, Doug, and a few others, and NONE of those ever do it.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I have this issue with every single tune that vivian sends me. Never got it figured out and it was NOT corrupt. EVERY tune she sent me did this. It would eventually go away after about 5k miles of easy driving. I have tunes from Eric, Doug, and a few others, and NONE of those ever do it.
When I got the Looney Wild DD it did this too. I contacted Viv, she resent the tune and havn't had any problems since. None of her other tunes or any of Erics tunes ever had this problem on my truck.

Mdub707

Reaction score
She sent me new tunes over and over and I had a couple different ones to try, no matter what every single time it did this. Never had another tune do it ever.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Man, that sucks. I wish she could've gotten you a good tune to enjoy. I really like her tuned as well as Erics. I've been seriously considering trying the SRL+ from Matt just to eliminate some smoke.

Back the the OP...... Did you ever get the issue worked out?

Members online

No members online now.