Bov sticking

BigBluediesel08

Reaction score
Have the BOV, but for some reason it keeps on sticking open. Worked fine for a while, but now its sticking open. What can I do?

Shipmate

Reaction score
If it is a Tial, pull it off via the vband clamp. Next see if it is easy to push the valve seat up and down. If so pull the top off of the BOV and inspect the valve spring. See what color spring is in the also. I do not remember the pressures of the springs sorry. Inspect the valve seat and orings.
You may have to go up to a higher spring pressure. If all is good put it back together and try it out. If you get the same thing happening again then it has spring related. This is assuming that all is working correct with BOV controller and you have no holes in your vacuum lines going to the BOV.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I'm guessing he means a BD Power blow off valve, not a Tial wastegate. Unless Tial makes a blow off valve too. Just never heard of anyone using one.

I don't know anything about them bud or I would help.

BigBluediesel08

Reaction score
Sorry, yea its the bd bov.. sometimes it works fine but than sticks open. going to try and opening it.. spring seems fine.

Thanks jeff. Going to try and figure it out.

White_monster

Reaction score
Yes Tial makes the blow off valve. BD creates the kit by collecting parts from various suppliers. The bovs are finiky at times. I just went to a stiffer spring and that solved my issue. Good luck

BigBluediesel08

Reaction score
Hey white, if you dont mind me asking, where can i get a stiffer spring? Went to my local parts store but nothing. Thanks.

Boostfed

Reaction score
I have seen boost leaks in the hose going to the port cause the valve to stay open. We have also had the O-ring on the piston in the valve come off and lodge the valves open.

If you need a spring, we are a tial dealer. Don't hesitate to call us.