Front end shimmy

6.4psd916

Reaction score
So, when driving once i hit about 40mph the steering wheel starts to shake just enough to notice, I have checked everything I could... found the tirerod super loose, fixed that and got new duel steering stabilizers, also found the track bar bracket to be loose, from what i know it has a procomp 6 inch lift, just recently purchased the truck. The ss m16 tires do have alot of lead on them, i mean alot to balance them, its like a 4 inch by 6 inch patch of stick on weights, and some are double stacked. Any ideas on what could be causing it. Thanks

Aaron S

Reaction score
You didnt comment on any brake problems but a warped rotor could cause similar issues.

When the shimmy occurs, is it just the steering wheel or does the whole truck shake like the tires are out of balance?

6.4psd916

Reaction score
The rotors seem okay, don't get any more shake when I hit the brakes, im thinking the tires might be out of balance. When I first got the truck the steering stabilizers were shot and had a wicked case of death wobble. It had the procomp stab kit and I hate how they mount. One was not mounted correct and the tire rod almost fell apart while driving, which caused the death wobble. Just trying to see if anyone has an idea of what it could be. Kinda tight on money right now so I can't go throwing money at it

6.4psd916

Reaction score
Soo, found the problem hopefully, my right front rim was cracked. It was flat today at work, took it too a shop and found the crack. Called up bmf and since they didn't have mine in stock, I will get a set of novakaines in death metal instead of chrome

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.