key less door handles

jwlandry

Reaction score
With hearing about Scotty's truck as well as seeing that the superduty ranks pretty high on the theift chart, id like to add some keyless door handles to my truck on all 4 doors. What i need to know is, can the rear door handles fit on the front doors. I also plan on unhooking all rods in the doors except the ones that open the doors.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Yep....rears pop right into the front. That was the first mod I did to my truck when I bought it new....already had black painted handles sitting at the house. All rear handles of course.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Actually...mine have died several times.
If you take a stock antenna and bend the last 4" into a J shape....pop the outter weather stripping off and slip it under the glass, twist the J part towards the inside of the truck and lift up...you can catch the lock rod with the tip of the antenna pretty easily. My brother timed me one day and I was inside the truck in 10 seconds flat.

I probably shouldn't post that little hint in the open. LOL

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Ahh well that's not bad, im a AAA platinum member LOL...

If you remove all the rods do you not have power locks anymore?

bruce

Reaction score
yeah with the way my keyless entry works i would be stranded all the time if i didn't have the actually lock cylinder. right now my driver side cylinder is ***ed up where some punk broke into my ****. i've thought about gettin jimmy jammers but i just assume them break the 60 dollar door handle than havin to pay 500 dollar deductable to get a new door

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
I had my truck broken into. I now have a rear handle on my driver door. I'm not sure aka haven't had to try but if the batteries were dead ( and the potential of both batteries being flat is a lot less since we have 2 and it dosent require a whole lot of juice to operate the door locks.) You could use the 12v power source on the 7 pin plug for the trailer to provide juice to the truck. All that would really be needed is a few jumper wires and another car.

G Racing

Reaction score
Wire up a pigtail for hot and ground and a pair of alligator clamps and you're in business. Just don't keep it in the truck lol.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.