wheres the WMO guys?

whitejohn

Reaction score
hey i just found this sight via an add on Phacebook, so i came to check it out. i see chris is here but who else?

evo45

Reaction score
Been runnign wmo for a little less than a month and am doing great! I'll post a pic of my set up if anyone is interested. It isnt anything like rsr911 or drmiller100 but it is working for me and has cleaned over 1000 miles worth of fuel.

evo45

Reaction score
I havent been back to my office but on Monday I'll try and figure out how to post some pic's.

rsr911,

Ur Porsche sounds like a fun little car to play around with! Have you posted any pics of it anywhere, I'd like to see it.

rsr911

Reaction score
Here's a few old cell phone pics. Somewhere I have better ones from my camera. The first two are with 15" Fuchs wheels and the third is with Carrera Cup 17" wheels. With the short gear 901/911 gear box it's a total blast, barely get across an intersection in first. Hit's the redline in high gear (7000rpm). This car looks nothing like stock due to the front and rear bumpers and rear flares. hard to believe these came out in 64-65 and had 5spds, 4 wheel disc brakes and independent suspension, dry sump oiling, and mechanical injection was available.

Attachments

• old wheels frolnt.JPG
    old wheels frolnt.JPG
    174.7 KB · Views: 58
  • old wheels rear.JPG
    old wheels rear.JPG
    171.4 KB · Views: 58
  • new wheels rear.JPG
    new wheels rear.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 66

rsr911

Reaction score
chris the car looks nice. do you get out with it much anymore with all the kids?

Nope LOL. It's for sale actually. I have a buddy who's been trying to get the money together for 6 months to buy it. I want to sell it, pay off some debt, and then in 3-4 years pick up a newer 993 version which are the last of the air cooled 911's. My car's been sitting for like three years now in storage. I may get it out for the summer though. I don't a ton of conversion stuff to my truck, DRW conversion, 4WD conversion, long bed to flat bed, etc. Then putting my parts onto my parts truck for my neighbor to have a 1 ton 2wd to haul his camper around with. He does telecom installs and runs a few crews. Right now they take his CCLB DRW truck with W85 on the long hauls. His other crew truck is an extended cab F150 with a camper on it, sags really bad and get horrible mileage. The thinking is a 1 ton suspension will handle the camper a lot better and he'll be able to run W85. It's a win-win for both of us but a crap load of work for me. Would be nice to cruise in the 911 while my truck is down.

whitejohn

Reaction score
yeah thats what i figured lol sounds like you have a busy summer of truck work planned ahead of you and yeah having your 911 to rip in while your truck is down would be fun and logical

evo45

Reaction score
Awesome looking Porsche! One day I will own one. Untill then I'll be driving on w85 and high test. High test fuel goes in my second car which is an 07 Trailblazer SS that gets worse mileage than the F250. I do drive it like I stole it when I take it out though. It will be for sale soon to get rid of the fuel bill.

My fuel system is a Greenergysystems.com filter meant for wvo but the guy who makes it said he has a few people using it for wmo and it is working. So I figure it will work for me and it is. Anyway here are a couple pics.

IMAG0405.png

IMAG0406.png

I have an 18' long pickup tube that dosent seem long enough. I am not sure my pump will be very efficient if I add another 10' of hose to it but I'll try it one day. The red hose on the filter at the bottom is the bypass tube that is used for pickups and dumps into the containers. It is being filtered by a 1 micron sock filter as it goes into the container.

The black hose coming out of the side of the filter with the 2 Cim-tek filters is what is used to fill the truck. The first of the secondary filters is a 10 micron hydrosorb that filters out any water that might not settle out and the second is a 2 micron absolute filter just to make sure that if the sock filter misses anything I'll be ok.

To make a tank of fuel I pump 30 gallons from the 275 gallon tote to the 55 gallon drum where I add rug to it. At that point I let the pump cycle the fuel for 5-10 min depending how long I have to play around (usually at work!), then I pump it into the truck at about 10 psi even though the Cim-tek filters are rated to 50 psi just to make sure they catch everything. It seems to be working good for me so far, now I just need some places to pick up more fuel from. In the pic you can see that I am down to about 50 gallons.

rsr911

Reaction score
Nice! So that big green canister is a bag filter housing? Are you collecting and processing with the same pump?

evo45

Reaction score
Yeah, I want to one day make a sbc pump but this is good for now. I am filtering the fuel like 3 to 4 times through the bag filter before it goes through the secondary filters. There is a ball valve before any oil goes to the secondary filters so any water that gets in will settle out in the filter and be pumped to the holding tank where it can settle there. I talked to Cim-tek directly and they said that the hydrosorb filter will filter out any emulsified so even if there is any free water floating around that didnt settle out the filter will catch it anyway.

evo45

Reaction score
That was a yeah for both questions, it is a bag filter in the green tank and it is being used as a pick up pump as well.

evo45

Reaction score
When you get fuel from your places you dont take all of it and you are paying them for the oil? I have hit a bunch of places local to me and all of them are afraid of being questioned where their oil is going so they are afraid to sell it to an individual and not a company. I dont want to try and start a company because of all the legal bs that would come with transporting oil so how are you getting around all this?

Latest posts

Members online