New Intake elbow and cold side pipe

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
After having cracked pistons on the passenger side in the last motor, i got to thinking about air starvation entering the manifold. now mind you the intake manifold is top of my list, but this was a quick easy make with a buddy who is a good fab guy. heres a few pics with my DD elbow next to a test piece we made when we were trying to go as tall as we could. the pic shows the huge difference in bends, as well the CFM plus is not much better as i have both to compare to. anyway, i think there may be something to the big turbo guys having a better intake elbow, distributing equally from the top. my finished prototype has the boot down by the battery box very reachable and out of sight.

DD vs the first test piece-
efi_vs_dd.jpg

Elbow and cold side-
efi_intake2.jpg

efi_intake.jpg

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
That looks sick!

thanks jeff, i like it so much better. sightly lower egt's and better spoolup, im sure the pass side of the motor is liking it better. for all of those with egr delete, its a major step forward from our current options.

Last edited:

Shootingstar

Reaction score
Bigrpow

Are you gonna be making those for other people? If what do ya think for price range?
I'm getting ready to do a egr delete so I'm gonna need something

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks monstar.

I'm working on something as we speak, I believe elite will be selling them, but nothing set in stone. Pm me if you are interested as these will be hand fabbed.

TANK'S 250

Reaction score
Thanks monstar.

I'm working on something as we speak, I believe elite will be selling them, but nothing set in stone. Pm me if you are interested as these will be hand fabbed.

Hey...are you a sponsor here????????????.....what is with this bullchit???

If you want to fuggin sell something on this site...become a paying vendor!!!

LMAO....sorry...I couldn't help it....LOL LOL LOL LOL

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey...are you a sponsor here????????????.....what is with this bullchit???

If you want to fuggin sell something on this site...become a paying vendor!!!

LMAO....sorry...I couldn't help it....LOL LOL LOL LOL

Fine then- they are now built by elite ;)

tensixniner

Reaction score
Looks nice.

Any pics of it next to the CFM+ ?

With such a long elbow and the boot being down by the battery tray is there any worry about the motor torquing over and putting stress on it?

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Now I see exactly what you were telling me Mike. How the radius is different, was hard for me to see from memory. I love the way it looks, taller the better. Lets stop these passenger side blow outs!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Now I see exactly what you were telling me Mike. How the radius is different, was hard for me to see from memory. I love the way it looks, taller the better. Lets stop these passenger side blow outs!

heres a couple more pics of boot location and another angle of the elbow. i dont have a pic comparing the CFM ... but its not even close.

elbow_11.jpg

elbow_21.jpg

Latest posts

Members online