FireStone R4 Air Ride Kits....

Paul@CP_Trucks

Reaction score
Hey everyone Firestone has a new Air Ride Kit out. This is a pretty cool kit. It operates like a Rig does. They have built in slack adjusters and the whole 9.

Here are some pics of the install thus far....

2011-09-20_14-22-48_441.jpg

2011-09-20_14-23-04_911.jpg

2011-09-20_14-23-33_88.jpg

2011-09-20_14-23-26_272.jpg

2011-09-20_15-15-49_339.jpg

2011-09-20_15-16-07_922.jpg

Paul@CP_Trucks

Reaction score
Here is some information on the kits...

R4 Tech Leveling System
A Patented, Hybrid Air-Over-Leaf Suspension, R4 Tech is the ideal suspension for people who drive their tow vehicles everyday. It will greatly improve the vehicle's unloaded ride quality due to the lower-rated leaf springs and the air spring operating at low pressure curb weight. Other excellent candidates for the R4 Tech include people who tow horse trailers, high-dollar 5th wheel campers and trailers that contain precious or fragile cargo.

Kit Contents: 2 Leaf Springs, Trailing Links, Differential Bracket, Frame (Eye) Bracket, Air Spring Kit, Air Control Kit and Load Adaptive Shocks.

Improve the Ride: Rides like air suspension, installs like leaf suspension plus Ride-Rite™. Air springs and foundation suspension are re-engineered to improve ride across all conditions, especially unloaded. The shocks included in the kit automatically adjust to the load to further optimize ride quality.
Handle the Load: Big-rig suspension components, big-rig durability. The vehicle will maintain the same height under all loads.
Reduce Driver Fatigue: Air spring suspension reduces cab noise and road vibrations. The harsh and choppy ride of the factory leaf suspension is largely eliminated.
Improve Handling: The tuned dampers and air springs, as well as the constant vehicle height, greatly improve the handling characteristics. Drivers will also get less wheel hop during braking and less shudder during acceleration.
Reduce Weight: The suspension shaves over 150 pounds off of some 1-ton trucks. This helps at the gas pump.
Install with Ease: Installs in the same space, using the same holes as the OEM leaf suspension.

If anyone is interested please feel free to PM us any questions.

We should have the install complete tomorrow with more pictures...

Boomer

Reaction score
Do the trailing links kind of act like traction bars, or would there be an additional benefit from also running traction bars?

Sent from a smart phone by a dumb guy.

bluedge8

Reaction score
Paul, Awesome!!! I'm not in a place to purchase right now but I do want a price if you could pm me.

Paul@CP_Trucks

Reaction score
Do the trailing links kind of act like traction bars, or would there be an additional benefit from also running traction bars?

Sent from a smart phone by a dumb guy.

They act kinda like traction bars to help with axle wrap but they are also there to help the suspension from collapsing to low...

What is the length of time of install?

Your first one about 10hrs.

Paul, Awesome!!! I'm not in a place to purchase right now but I do want a price if you could pm me.

You got it...:fordoval:

This is awesome ive been looking into air bags systems how much does this cost

PM Coming...:fordoval:

Paul@CP_Trucks

Reaction score
Wow 10 hours aint too bad after looking at the first pic

It's really not to bad. We are taking our time and making sure everything is just so when installing this one plus we are adding a couple custom touches.

We are frenching in two Autometer pressure gauges. One is going to read the air system pressure the other is going to read the air bag pressure. So you will know at all times what the system is doing then when you dump the air bag for the kneel position you can see the bags are completely empty.

that thing is sick... cant wait to see finished installed pics

I'm fixing to take a few more updated pics....

I just saw a feature on trucks where they did an install on a F-250 with this kit.

I would like a price as well please.

I will get you a price over ASAP:pimp:

neverkickn

Reaction score
Saw these a while back and thought it would be cool to have. You get a chance, shoot me a price.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Glad to see someone is getting one installed. I've had my R4 kit for my dually sitting on the floor of the shop for 2 months now...no time to work on my own crap.

CamTom12

Reaction score
I already have a set of OUO traction bars with welded axle brackets, would this kit be able to install with those bars and brackets in place?

Paul@CP_Trucks

Reaction score
Glad to see someone is getting one installed. I've had my R4 kit for my dually sitting on the floor of the shop for 2 months now...no time to work on my own crap.

Dennis the personal kits never pay anything to install...LOL.......I have had two PSDs that don't run sittin in the parking lot for almost a month because I don't have time to work on my own junk....

I already have a set of OUO traction bars with welded axle brackets, would this kit be able to install with those bars and brackets in place?

The way the kit is designed you would have to remove them.

Definitely interested to see how it rides. Interested in price as well. Let me know.

The owner is coming back in Friday for a tighten up. I will report on the ride then:D

MossBack

Reaction score
We are frenching in two Autometer pressure gauges. One is going to read the air system pressure the other is going to read the air bag pressure. So you will know at all times what the system is doing then when you dump the air bag for the kneel position you can see the bags are completely empty.

I'm fixing to take a few more updated pics....

I will get you a price over ASAP:pimp:

Iirc they have a dual needle psi gauge I did a install of helper springs and it came in the kit. I plumbed it to read tank psi and air bag psi. Like the gauges on older big rigs for primary and secondary psi. But looks sweet!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online