Edge CTS questions

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
ok, i need to monitor Fuel Pressure and Back Pressure (or would like too) and you cant... wish i woulda went with a mini maxx but so be it. anyone know if i can somehow use the Fuel Pressure sending unit like for a 6.0 w/ a CTS? or has anyone heard about a update coming out??

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
i contacted edge.. i also have my CTS and XRT for sale. might just go for the Mini Maxx like i shoulda the first time.

i kinda wish i would of got the mini max too. the cts is huge and doesnt mount well. i would like to shift tunes on the fly also. i originally got the cts first planning on getting innovative tunes but then ended up with h&s. love the tunes hate the monitor.

Powerstrokeracing

Reaction score
You can't shift custom tunes on the fly. Just standard H&S tunes you can shift on the fly which are rather impressive!

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
You can't shift custom tunes on the fly. Just standard H&S tunes you can shift on the fly which are rather impressive!

yeah im fine with the standard tunes...i can shift on the fly with xrt pro just have to have it plugged in...but then cant use cts and then pluging and unplugging while driving can be tricky:pullover:

JDub

Reaction score
I was told about two weeks ago that exhaust back pressure, fuel pressure, and rail pressure were all PID's they were currently working on.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
seriously? wonder how soon.. if so I might just keep it. I like my CTS. just hate not having stuff. and I always run KEM tunes. so no shift on the fly for this kid.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
this is what was sent as a response: "Thank you for running the CTS on your vehicle. There are no updates in
the works that will allow fuel rail pressure and back pressure to be
monitored. It is possible that these parameters can only be read by the
Ford scan tool."

strokin20

Reaction score
Not the answer you guys are looking for, but if you select dodge in the vehicle selection screen it will show fuel pressure.

F350

Reaction score
You can get their EAS pressure or temp sensors then plug them in line where stock sensors would be. Then drive the truck with CTS plugged in and it will recognize/calibrate it. You then need to take CTS out of truck and go to "my style" on your desktop and it will then prompt you to name the new reading that the CTS picked up and you can name it "rail pressure" or whatever you were reading. Then when you plug it back into the truck it will recognize a "new" pid and you can select it from your options. They also told me that it would be awhile before it came standard so this is the only option but the good news is it has unlimited potential as far as determining what you want to monitor. Bad news is you have to some homework and learn what sensors read what and replace those with edge ones but at least we have that option. I talked to one of their engineers on the ford side he was very knowledgeable and helpful. So don't give up on the CTS just yet.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i unerstand that the CTS is a cheap cool alternative to others, but its just that. i hate to say it, but at this point, nothing can touch the dd, not even close.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
I understand it's cheap and easy.. but other than the two I want. it's sweet.

I'm not going through all that crap when I could just sell my stuff and buy a mini maxx or keep my XRT and do a dashdaq

the mini maxx is pretty nice. I've used a few. and im running KEM regardless. sooo

WoodBoy

Reaction score
I just ordered one from drew tech today.

Let us know what all you can monitor with it, Jeff told me at one time he thought if you bought the DD outright from DrewTech it may not monitor all the PID's that it is setup to with Spartan?

Latest posts

Members online