go go manifold

smokinstroker

Reaction score
who here has or is running dougs mainfold?

does it aid with spool up in a big way? what differences did you notice?

Goosekiller

Reaction score
I had one on my old truck and it dropped my egt's about 150 degrees on WOT runs, spool up was noticeably faster as was the SOTP meter.

ZacPSD60

Reaction score
No dyno results on them yet, but everyone I've heard has seen a significant drop in egt's as well as feeling a decent difference from the "butt dyno"

Extended Power

Reaction score
One thing I would suggest on install...measure the opening of the water neck in the front engine cover. (Where the thick black donut seal goes.) and install a frost plug there....then there is absolutley no way of having a coolant leak. (I installed the seal anyways, but it is just for vibration dampening purposes only.)

smokinstroker

Reaction score
only thing i can think of, is on dougs manifold, coolant does not run through it so plugging it would just help ensure no leaks in the future?

strokin6L

Reaction score
yeah i know doug's manifold keeps coolant from running through it, just didn't think it might still leak at that point where Ivan described. I guess if there is enough pressure in the coolant system it could.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
One thing I would suggest on install...measure the opening of the water neck in the front engine cover. (Where the thick black donut seal goes.) and install a frost plug there....then there is absolutley no way of having a coolant leak. (I installed the seal anyways, but it is just for vibration dampening purposes only.)

thats what i got outta it,

Extended Power

Reaction score
Ivan, why would there be a coolant leak there with doug's manifold over a stock manifold?

The bolts I got to bolt it down on the inside of the manifold were too long...so when I torqued them down, they were bottomed out...
Put everything back together...started pouring in the coolant...and had a puddle on the floor....
Had to pull everything back off, and buy shorter bolts.

The coolant was coming from the connection between the manifold and the front cover...at the donut...so since there is no more water needed to go into the intake...I solved the problem for good.

I guess it's more of a "Check that the bolts are not too long" issue...

And they weren't ALOT too long...just enough to bottom out, and not snug everything down...

I was worried about the tops not sealing on that cord o-ring stuff, so I applied a thin o-ring grease to them...and when I pulled the intake off, there was no evidence of any air leaks at all.

Latest posts

Members online