removal of mirror light cover thingy

bruce

Reaction score
umm yeah how do you do it? i clipped mirrors with a bus and lost one so i guess i'll go back with smoked ones. anyone have a link as to how to remove them

Silver2010

Reaction score
I believe this is what ur looking for...

http://www.gorecon.com/downloads.php

Instructions for Part # 264120BK & 264120CL for 2003-2007 Trucks

1. Behind the larger mirrors there are 3 clips holding the cover on to the mirror.
2. There are two upper clips and one lower clip that must be unclipped for the mirror
cover to release. ***PLEASE USE CARE WHEN PROCEEDING WITH THE NEXT
TWO STEPS SO YOU DO NOT BREAK THE FRAGILE PLASTIC TABS/CLIPS
WHICH HOLD THE MIRROR COVER IN PLACE*** - (You will have to move the
mirror side to side and up and down to gain access to the clips. The upper clips are
located about 3 inches from the top of the mirror. The one lower clip is on the side
closest to the truck and about 6 inches below the upper clip.)
3. Using a long flathead screwdriver, push down to remove the clips. (You may need a
small flashlight to see behind the mirror itself.)
4. The mirror cover will now release from the mirror.
5. Unplug the wiring harness from the light and remove the cover and light assembly
from the truck.
6. Squeeze the two butterfly clips on the inside of the light and push outwards. (Careful
not to break the three guide clips on the outer side of the light.)
7. Replace the old lights with the new RECON lights in reverse order to re-install.
8. Turn the truck on and check for proper operation of both blinkers and running lights.

Instructions for Part # 264140BK & 264140CL for 2008-2010 Trucks

To remove your factory turn signal lens you will need to locate the release clip behind the larger,
top mirror of your 2008-2010 Ford Superduty. The clip is physically behind the mirror on the
horizontal edge, just adjacent to the lens.
1. Push the top, inside of the mirror so that there is a large gap by the bottom, outside
edge.
2. You should see the release clip now and you simply need to depress it using a flat
head screwdriver. This will release the light from the mirror.
3. Remove the bulb sockets from the factory lens and then remove the bulbs from the
sockets.
4. Insert our plugs into the vacant sockets and snap your new RECON LED mirror lights
back into the mirror.
5. Test the running lights and the turn signals to ensure the plug is inserted correctly
before snapping the RECON lens onto the housing.
6. You will need to find a place to accommodate the wire inside the housing before you
snap the lens on.
If you have

Latest posts

Members online