upgraded fuel rail

Mavericktkw

Reaction score
is there anyway we could get a bigger fuel rail then stock of another engine? or i might be making a idiot out of myself but what about running two stock rails on each bank(have each rail supply only two injectors) would the stock pump be able to pressurize that many rails? if it could then that would eliminate the need for bigger injection pumps for those running the small to medium sized injectors, again this might be a really bad idea so correct me if im wrong please!

jdgleason

Reaction score
It would be WAY more work than its worth I would think. Either way, itd be a pain to fit an extra rail. Plus the stock rail can drain with stock injectors. Injection pumps are a necessity for bigger nozzles. Thats a huge volume of fuel, not just pressure.

Cobra 19 & 54

Reaction score
is there anyway we could get a bigger fuel rail then stock of another engine? or i might be making a idiot out of myself but what about running two stock rails on each bank(have each rail supply only two injectors) would the stock pump be able to pressurize that many rails? if it could then that would eliminate the need for bigger injection pumps for those running the small to medium sized injectors, again this might be a really bad idea so correct me if im wrong please!

Your rail would hold more volume, but a stock pump can't support the volume demand as it is. So nice try but I don't think it would work. twin pumps with only four injectors per pump would be an interesting thought.

White_monster

Reaction score
Elites twin fueler essentially does just that. The stock pump feeds the drivers side and the pump at the front feeds the rear. Y
There is a tee fitting to join the pumps so the pressures are even on both sides.

Cobra 19 & 54

Reaction score
I was just messin with him... the hell he's been through I probably shouldn't, but i'm weak willed when it comes to containing my smart mouth!!

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I think ported fuel rails, a low pressure fuel system that pumps directly to the HPFP, and 60 hp nozzles would work fine on a stock HPFP. Tuning would be the key though. Not that it would take much custom tuning, if any at all, but good tuning should work.

White_monster

Reaction score
Ya Jeff I think the system you described would work fine. Running a short pulsewidth around 1.2 milliseconds might not work but lengthening the pulsewidth to say 1.7 milliseconds would be fine. You need a big pump or twin pumps to keep up with the short pulsewidths.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I think ported fuel rails, a low pressure fuel system that pumps directly to the HPFP, and 60 hp nozzles would work fine on a stock HPFP. Tuning would be the key though. Not that it would take much custom tuning, if any at all, but good tuning should work.

Nice confession. LOL

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I think he was referring more towards the nozzles not just the fuel bowl delete lol

I don't have nozzles either.

....well I do, but that are factory. Who knows though? Maybe when Ford swapped my nozzles that were recalled, they put in some top secret test nozzles!! LOL

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online