Is it me? Rudy's Shady or honest mistake?

creepytc

Reaction score
Sorry, short version, I ordered a kit. didn't get all the parts. When the shop put it together they asked where they were. I called and was told the parts were not available but they would be happy to sell me more parts. Truck is patched together because I need it on the road. Wife has medical issues that I need to be able to get her to the doctor.

Not trolin, just askin. I know many good things are done with them and feel I just ended up in a bad situation thats got me burned up

Reaction score
Sounds like you were not informed or did not know that if you do not order the extended IC pipe, you need to order the extension pipe for the stock IC pipe. We do not make the extension pipes, only the IC pipes. We have IC pipes ready to go for you, but no availability right now on extension pipes. I am not really aware of whats going on, but the easiest and cheapest fix for this would be for you to send back the CFM and adapter plate and we will ship you a dirty diesel intake elbow which goes right to the stock IC pipe. Let me know what we can do for you to make things right.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I've put off on this rant but after driving my truck for two weeks it's got me burned up. I ordered the EGR Del kit with the CFM+ and Wastegate for my 6.4.

The CFM+ arrived and it was for the 6.0 so I called and asked. I was told thats what the adaptor plate is for. Ok, I was taking it to the shop to put on and assumed they would be familiar with it. During the process of them taking the cab off and doing the work I get a call. They asked why I was sent the wrong part for my 08. I explain that I was told it has an adaptor plate for it. Ok, so they moved on installing the rest.

I get another call asking where is the extended boot for 6.0's CFM+ since it's shorter than stock parts. I call you(Rudy's) all up and am told that it's normal for customers to order the new IC pipe with it. Ok, the kit had the option to order it and I didn't do it. Sounds normal that if I didn't order it I didn't order it. If its what the other customers did, I didn't.

After talking on the phone I'm offered the pipe for 9 dollars less than what it was in the kit that I didn't order in the first place. Then another additional 10 bucks off. This makes it match the price of the Kit you sell that has all this included only it's a different brand which I didn't order either. The double boot hook up they did is normal and yes it looks bad but that is just what the kits look like.

So you sell a bad looking kit that when put together looks as if parts are just put together. Now, for me to get the pipe from you that I didn't order at first, all I have to do is fork out more money or wait for a boot that was supposed to be in the kit that never showed up. Since Elite moved offices and the're all boxed up they are not sure when it will be out.

So for now I'm running with a double booted, patch job pipe that is supposed to hold the pressure. And a truck that doesn't have the wastegate tuned because the shop didn't feel comfortable tuning it up with the way it was set up. If it wasn't for the fact that I need the truck for personal reasons, they would rather have it not leave the shop the way it was.

So now I'm starting to feel like I'm getting pinched to spend more money to buy more parts so my truck will get set up right. Shady deal? I haven't figured it out yet but I'm sure once I cool off a bit I'll rethink it, but even then my truck is back up running like it's suppose to be!

This is my best interpretation of what he was saying. I edited it and spaced it so it is easier to read. To the OP; let me know if I am way off.

Even after my edit job I still don't see what he is trying to say. It sounds like you got the wrong kit, and because someone told you it is right, you told them that is the right kit. Now they are confused and trying to fix it for you. It may cost a little more, but sometimes to get the job done right extra money/parts are needed.

Tonka350

Reaction score
I dealt with Aaron( Erin, SP ) and they were great, we were down there for dyno day and Rudys opened the shop while it was closed so I could get my truck tuned...and he did 6 runs on my truck for the price of 3 because my truck was having issues....and gave me a TON of info on the build and what to do for what I was shooting for...definitely a misunderstanding on your part not Rudys.
Chad

creepytc

Reaction score
Nothing against the guys there and some said it right when they said that I heard they were great that's why I went with them. They are also willing to work with me and the situation. Misunderstanding is what is being set as as noone and no where did it say that the kit would not work with stock pipe and no where did it say more things had to be bought to make the kit work. It actualy said an adaptor kit was included which to me and those who pointed it out said means it's got everything to work in it. So here I sit with over 5 grand on this setup (already sank over 4 on previous stuff) into a running truck that now doesn't run right due to boost leaks. I'm not able to produce more than 25# of boost and hear it whistling out. Even running my Spartin 275 tune the truck dies which has never happened in the two years I've been running it on my truck. Again, nothing against the guys there and they said they will work with me and this shouldn't be an issue in the future buying elite's kits through them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Since you keep going with this and I have yet to hear from you other than in these threads, I will try to be as clear as possible with you about this situation. I will take full responsibility and apologize for my employee not informing you the cfm kit that you bought would not work properly with what you had. However, the egr delete kit with wastegate will work without a cfm kit. The fact that you keep posting in here that your truck only makes 25psi and is not running properly is not our fault. You need to take that up with the shop that installed it. You can only be upset with us that we made a simple mistake while ordering your parts, not that your truck is not running. Please no one take this the wrong way I just want to point out the facts.

87jumpy

Reaction score
These guys have the best customer service in the buisness. Here u are bashing them in public, and they are bending over backwards to take care of u....

Matt

Reaction score
I've dealt with Aaron since December 2008, good people, great prices, fast shipping. I wouldn't blame them for your truck not running right, have you tried to dial the wastegate in at all yet? I bet if you would call Aaron/Rudy's (one of the BEST shops for 6.4's) he will help get everything figured out and get your truck running top notch.

creepytc

Reaction score
Thanks for the updates, I know they are not the reason my truck wasn't running right. I know they are good guys, and yes I know he is working with me. And yes we are working on getting my truck running right with the situation that it is.

Not getting more into detail on it as we are working on this off line to get the right parts to make it right.

Situation is done. Thank you all for your input.

Latest posts

Members online