H&S & EGR Function

TD-5

Reaction score
I was asked about the EGR function with H&S tuning recently. I had always read on many different Forums that the H&S "EASY" tune still keep the EGR functional. No where have I actually seen that in writing from H&S though.
Now when I actually look at the "EASY" tune thru MCC the EGR set points are all 0, the same as the MILD & HD300 tunes. Has it actually always been like this or did H&S change something in one of the last updates.
I have Software version 1.02.3 & Tune Version 6.4.50.
If someone wanted Their EGR to function, Is it as simple as copying the % set points from the OEM tune into each of the configuration files, or is their more deeper in the H&S Programming that is shutting of fault codes etc for the EGR to prevent Limp mode & no start situtations?

Attachments

• EGR Function Easy tune.jpg
    EGR Function Easy tune.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 66
  • EGR Setpoint OEM Stock.jpg
    EGR Setpoint OEM Stock.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 67

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
the easy tuning keeps the EGR functional... it will still monitor the EGR, and it will still cycle the valve about once per minute at idle. but it will not open while driving or off idle.

you don't want it to open, it will be smokey and dirty

I have converted an OEM tune to an off-road tune... complete with full EGR functionality.

The amount of smoke/particulate is disgusting!

CT9AIX

Reaction score
is there any particular reason H&S has not unlocked those tables or given us the ability to mess with them? I'd like to mess with a tune like you mentioned above... A converted OEM tune that still has the egr functional

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
not sure what you mean. you can do all of that with MCC. that's what I did

I wanted to see just how dirty the OEM tune was. It's dirty!

The canned DPF present tunes are disgusting

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Whoops... Bring fart moment lol I read that quick and got it all confused. Carry on!

Latest posts

Members online