Separation of oil cooler from oil cooler case

Templin

Reaction score
If your asking what I think, stick long socket in hole and carefully drive out with hammer. That's how I had to get mine out when I installed a new oil cooler. Like I said be very careful since the oil cooler housing is "pop" metal, and if you hit anything important the metal will mar up very easy.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Just one of those things you think will never come out but after allottttaaaaa beer and elbow grease it finally does.

Dave

Reaction score
If your asking what I think, stick long socket in hole and carefully drive out with hammer. That's how I had to get mine out when I installed a new oil cooler. Like I said be very careful since the oil cooler housing is "pop" metal, and if you hit anything important the metal will mar up very easy.

This and a set of wood blocks

Templin

Reaction score
This and a set of wood blocks

I did mine exactly a year ago and haven't had to do one since. I knew the long socket or similar tool was a must but I forgot about the wood block to hold it off the ground as you drove it out. Like Dave said, beer is needed. 6 pack should do for the removal of the oil cooler and another 6 to put the new one back in.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Our shop record is two hits and it dropped.ising 2 2x4's a 7/8 socket and hammer