trans file for load based shifting?

sonic blue l

Reaction score
I was just looking around mcc (hd300 trans tune s1m) and I was curious as all the shift points show based on oss. When you guys are tuning for load based do you start off say the easy trans file? There is no way to get a stock file is there?

Thanks for the info, I hate speed based shifting and am more interested of getting rid of that then anything.

ckrueg

Reaction score
I started off with the s1l file from the hd300 tune. I just set up the shift points to increase linearly with throttle position. So at zero throttle the trans shifts at a low speed and keeps the rpm around 1200-1750. Then as throttle position increases I increased the shift points so by full throttle it pulls all the way to 3500ish rpms.

ckrueg

Reaction score
229f1c0205a45e5c13ce8ef7ab0c8733.jpg

3b5b475af5910423801f054825d7a7fb.jpg

The first picture is of my modified tune and the second is the h&s file. You can see how the h&s file shifts at the same point up to about 1/3 throttle. I changed it so the shift point increases with throttle position.

Last edited:

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
the easy file is the OEM trans file slightly firmed up

I love getting a trans tune dialed in. There's nothing like having the truck shift exactly the way you want it to!! No emailed tune can compare IMO :D

sonic blue l

Reaction score
Is there a site where people share and swap tunes that've made?
Got the idea from the h&s website about mcc. Kind of like a community type thing.

Otherwise do you guys touch the downshift portion?

Thanks

6fodays

Reaction score
When you tune the truck is the trans tune locked with the engine tune? Or could you run a custom tune with another custom trans tune?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6fodays

Reaction score

I just need to start pming your ass, im always sitting over here like "sct has this, but h&s has this" "but can h&s do this", or "what parts will work best" and you respond to literally every one of my comments

ckrueg

Reaction score
I just need to start pming your ass, im always sitting over here like "sct has this, but h&s has this" "but can h&s do this", or "what parts will work best" and you respond to literally every one of my comments

Keep it public so everyone who has questions can see lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ckrueg

Reaction score
on the shift points graph what is
(%)/OSS?
mainly what is "(%)"
(%) refers to the units for the x axis of the graph. It's kind of confusing but 0 represent 0 percent throttle position and 1020 represent 100% throttle position. Way back h&s said that the ecu used those values so they had to stick with them. OSS refers to the units for the y axis of the graph. Because gear ratios and tire sizes vary from truck to truck, the mph shift points actually represent the transmission output shaft speed (OSS).

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Gregg81

Reaction score
Wanted to do the load based shift in the 4th lock up, wasn't sure if I needed to do the 4th lock up hot or just the 4th lock up? Thanks

ckrueg

Reaction score
Wanted to do the load based shift in the 4th lock up, wasn't sure if I needed to do the 4th lock up hot or just the 4th lock up? Thanks
It depends on whether your transmission is in hot mode or not. I'm not by my computer so I'm not sure where it is but you'll have to check the temperature to enter hot mode value. If your starting from a base H&S file those have hot mode enabled above something like 30° so you will want to use the hot mode tables.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Gregg81

Reaction score
Ya I used the hot mode and matched with the regular. Made a nice load based shift. Thanks

Latest posts

Members online