My new drag truck project

97strokn&smokn

Reaction score
Just wanted to show you guys some pictures of my old beater that i resurected from a car dealership in indiana. The truck was nasty to say the least and had looked like there had been a million cigs smokedin it. Well this is what it look like now. This is gonna be my companys test drag truck and all around toy. lol

a7x007.jpg

a7x004.jpg

a7x002.jpg

a7x009.jpg

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
Had that same tire/wheel setup when I was stock height. Does it have a lot of bump steer? Mine felt like it was all over the road if I didn't focus on correcting it all the time. Still does it to me on 35s and the same rim. All the lift shops here say that's normal with a wide wheel like that.

Sorry for the questions. It looks great though! Can't wait to see the progress your going to make with it, Good luck!

davey99ps

Reaction score
I gotta say, my definition of a beater and yours are slightly different Matt. Aside from the rims, it looks good buddy. Any specs on the build?

my79f

Reaction score
6.0? im assuming by the door badges. You should do a paint to match 05+ front end, and have a grudge match with Brian(powersmoker). That would be a good picture.

97strokn&smokn

Reaction score
well for a while thought i was gonna sell the truck but now i have put it together.

66-75 s300rcd
310 hybrids reguulated return, full built tranny and a airdog.

The truck hauls ass, my plan was to make it to rudys but didint get it done in time so im gonna get it on the dyno and get the tuning dialed in and we will be ready to race at ts.

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
well for a while thought i was gonna sell the truck but now i have put it together.

66-75 s300rcd
310 hybrids reguulated return, full built tranny and a airdog.

The truck hauls ass, my plan was to make it to rudys but didint get it done in time so im gonna get it on the dyno and get the tuning dialed in and we will be ready to race at ts.

should be a fun little truck!

Latest posts

Members online