2WD conversion

Viking

Reaction score
I am looking at what my options are for taking my reg cab 4wd long and making it a 2wd short. I am going to do bulge sides and fenders so I want to drop it and even if y'all think its dumb I will love that ugly bastard!!!

I am trying to see what 2wd components for a drop I need. Just the axle and a drop kit? Or am I opening a can of worms?

edit: I assume brakes would be another thing to look at.

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
Is this a joke?

If not I'm sure there's plenty of 2wd guys here that will swap everything you'll need.

Viking

Reaction score
Is this a joke?

If not I'm sure there's plenty of 2wd guys here that will swap everything you'll need.

Only because I was unable to find a 4wd kit. Figured you could just flip both axles? I got my 4x4 and the 99 is paid for not running because the v10 dropped a piston. Thought it be fun to have a 2wd shorty and a 4x4 diesel

05+ 2wd suspension? Get some turning radius out of it.

RedSmokey

Reaction score
If you want to keep it budget then I would go with what Joe said, find somone who has a 2wd that will trade you. As for lowering it, once you have the 2wd suspension you can just get the lowering I-Beams (Dream Beams) from DJM for the front. DJM also makes a shackle and hanger kit to lower the rear.

Viking

Reaction score
Do the gm suspension like the guy with the black truck is doin.

If its as easy as cutting and welding I can do it!

If you want to keep it budget then I would go with what Joe said, find somone who has a 2wd that will trade you. As for lowering it, once you have the 2wd suspension you can just get the lowering I-Beams (Dream Beams) from DJM for the front. DJM also makes a shackle and hanger kit to lower the rear.

I did see that kit, I hope thats the best option for the truck.

Where you from? I'm interested in a 2wd to 4x4.

Northern Minnesota about an hour and a half from the canadien border.

BigRed97

Reaction score
i have a complete 2wd front suspension just collecting dust...you're a little far from boston but let me know if you're interested

dirtboy25

Reaction score
Only because I was unable to find a 4wd kit

Just wait... I know of something that'll be coming out in a few months. :)

You won't be able to slam a 4wd but it will lower it up to 3'' from stock.

But... It comes with a hefty price tag which is why I will be making my own. Hopefully by the time summer starts I'll have something done.

Agjake11

Reaction score
Just wait... I know of something that'll be coming out in a few months. :)

You won't be able to slam a 4wd but it will lower it up to 3'' from stock.

But... It comes with a hefty price tag which is why I will be making my own. Hopefully by the time summer starts I'll have something done.

Hmm I'm interested in this.

Members online

No members online now.