SD dually wheel options.

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
Looking at replacements for the "salad shreders" on my LE. I dont want oversized wheels or 5 spokes, looking at the steel wheels that come factory sd busses and dually vans. Are these a direct fit? Anybody know where some are? Scrapyards don't seem to have any.

stackedstroker

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a set of these
images.jpg

images-1.jpg

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
I kinda like those, but tire choices for 17" wheels blows!!

Here are a few I'm choosing from, mostly the classic Alcoa look.

These in a 16", or the same wheel style and manufacturer in a direct bolt on 19.5"
058_both.jpg

Or 10 lug 19.5"s
4.jpg

3.jpg

Or any of the above in a gloss black! :evil

Not a big fan of the 22.5 because of what i've heard from people running them but I have a few other choices, and some other pictures I'll have to dig up when I get more time.

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
You won't do it....

:whs: your to old. :poke:

Bite me whipper snappers!!!!!

But you're right, 24.5 would be a bit much. So I priced a set of GOOD 8-10 adapters $850.00 shipped and I can buy 22.5's for $50.00 apiece. So I'm out $1200 for 5-hole steel wheels and havent even priced tires yet! Why cant someone just make a tire taller that wont rub when paired? The whole reason I'm contemplating this is to get taller tires. Otherwise I'll just keep looking for the van wheels.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Bite me whipper snappers!!!!!

But you're right, 24.5 would be a bit much. So I priced a set of GOOD 8-10 adapters $850.00 shipped and I can buy 22.5's for $50.00 apiece. So I'm out $1200 for 5-hole steel wheels and havent even priced tires yet! Why cant someone just make a tire taller that wont rub when paired? The whole reason I'm contemplating this is to get taller tires. Otherwise I'll just keep looking for the van wheels.

Joe if you go with 22.5s you have to get alcoas, aluminum. Not 5 hole steelies!

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Joe if you go with 22.5s you have to get alcoas, aluminum. Not 5 hole steelies!

:whs: It's a must.

Are the van wheels your talking about similar to a classic alcoa with the round holes around the rim, and steel? If I remember correctly all those van rims are 8 x 6.5, and won't fit out trucks. Ford had a classic alcoa style aluminum rim on the OBS dually's that I liked better then the superduty aluminum dually rims.

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
Yeah, the steel modular looking wheels on those short SD chassis busses. I just assumed that after 99 they were all using the same wheel.

Latest posts

Members online