turbo question

davey99ps

Reaction score
Beans d66 is a modded stocker, your gonna be pushing it kinda hard, but johnathan's been having good luck with them

fatsix

Reaction score
I browsed the work stock rules http://www.lorahspulls.com/2011_DIESEL_TRUCKS_WORK_STOCK_RULES.pdf

It appears the D66 is the biggest turbo you can use to retain the stock appearance, but changing the uppies and going to a t4 flange and keeping the turbo mounted in the same position would appear stock as well...so I am confused.

I did also notice this...
If the muffler or catalytic converter have been changed from stock, two 3/8 inch
diameter bolts must be installed through the exhaust pipe in a cross pattern within one inch of each other as close to the turbo as is practical.

Is this to simulate muffler and converter flow resistance and turbulence? How close to the turbo? after the downpipe connects to the rest of the exhaust?

Last edited:

Smokyred

Reaction score
If the muffler or catalytic converter have been changed from stock, two 3/8 inch
diameter bolts must be installed through the exhaust pipe in a cross pattern within one inch of each other as close to the turbo as is practical.

Is this to simulate muffler and converter flow resistance and turbulence? How close to the turbo? after the downpipe connects to the rest of the exhaust?

That is to contain the turbine wheel should your turbo grenade, at least if it doesn't shatter. I have mine right at the outlet of the turbo in the downpipe. The wheel can easily go right out the side of the downpipe, so you want to stop it as soon as you can.

Dave

MINK

Reaction score
I browsed the work stock rules http://www.lorahspulls.com/2011_DIESEL_TRUCKS_WORK_STOCK_RULES.pdf

It appears the D66 is the biggest turbo you can use to retain the stock appearance, but changing the uppies and going to a t4 flange and keeping the turbo mounted in the same position would appear stock as well...so I am confused.

eh anything on a t4 mount will be allot more noticable, I too would go with the D66

MINK

Reaction score
I didnt know the h2e was too big for work stock.

you didnt know the H2E wasnt a stock charger? It really will depend on what rules the truck is being built for. some say 2.5, some say "stock apearing" some say "completely stock" so its hard saying.

fatsix

Reaction score
Since the D66 is the largest "stock appearing" turbo. I would think you would match the injectors to that. But i guess you can get bigger sticks and have them detuned for the d66.

I have the D66 with stage ones and looking to upgrade.

97spoolinstroker

Reaction score
ya thats what i was think cause i wanna run those sticks so later when i get more mods i can then chang the charger and bump up a class and have the sticks for it

Reubine

Reaction score
ya thats what i was think cause i wanna run those sticks so later when i get more mods i can then chang the charger and bump up a class and have the sticks for it

I'll sell you my GT40, and mount and everything ready to roll. I need to upsize a bit! I used to have 238cc and it ran great with those injectors.

GM Duraturd

Reaction score
For WS, d66. With 238/100s any tuner can have that setup at 440-470hp rather easy. You can push it harder, even to 500hp, but keep an eye on back pressure as that will be the factor that greatly shortens turbo life

Mike M

Reaction score
You should be fine running the D66. The techs let me in Work Stock with my modded stock charger, no questions asked.

MINK

Reaction score
You wont get teched unless your top 3 or 5 depending on turnout, that being said it takes 550+ to play workstock in my area..

JD3020

Reaction score
You wont get teched unless your top 3 or 5 depending on turnout, that being said it takes 550+ to play workstock in my area..

:whs:

Except a couple years ago at a local pull there was a SD 7.3 that came out in workstock and i think he whooped up on the class. But i'm not sure just how far he pushed the rules. I think he had some decent sized injectors and a 38r, or something bigger.

MINK

Reaction score
:whs:

Except a couple years ago at a local pull there was a SD 7.3 that came out in workstock and i think he whooped up on the class. But i'm not sure just how far he pushed the rules. I think he had some decent sized injectors and a 38r, or something bigger.

allot has changed, not saying you cant make a 7.3 compete because trust me I have my ideas and truelly think it could (rule/org dependent) but its not likely.

GM Duraturd

Reaction score
Maybe out west or down in Florida etc, but not in Ohio. Unless its a small brush pull, any real pull in the midwest will take 550+ to run near the top in WS. 800+++ for 2.6 and so on.... Sadly theres no real "beginners" class around here.

JD3020

Reaction score
allot has changed, not saying you cant make a 7.3 compete because trust me I have my ideas and truelly think it could (rule/org dependent) but its not likely.

Yeah. I think that was in 09, first year for our Preble County Smokeout. But that truck has just disappeared it seems like, i haven't seen it anywhere. Which sucks cause now there are almost no Fords pulling here anymore, and the ones that do are stock and suck.

But now i think they are moving towards 2.5 class. Or at least thats what our pull was today. They called it "workstock" 2.5. Although we are still allowed to hang weights. :shrug:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.