7.3 pre-pump kit

RedSmokey

Reaction score
I was looking at your kit http://shop.strictlydiesel.com/store.php/products/73L_TankKit for my 2000 superduty. I am going to be dropping my tank soon and figured since im in there I might as well do what mods I can. I also suspect there is a chance I might have a problem with my pickup tube (possible hole allowing air bubles in the fuel) and was wondering if your kit comes with a whole new pickup tube or just an extension piece?

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
I was looking at your kit http://shop.strictlydiesel.com/store.php/products/73L_TankKit for my 2000 superduty. I am going to be dropping my tank soon and figured since im in there I might as well do what mods I can. I also suspect there is a chance I might have a problem with my pickup tube (possible hole allowing air bubles in the fuel) and was wondering if your kit comes with a whole new pickup tube or just an extension piece?

Just the extention piece. (i have the same kit)

RedSmokey

Reaction score
damn, thanks for the info. Wonder how much a new pickup tube is... want to have one handy if I do need it, and possibly just replace it for peace of mind anyways

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
The pickup tube is part of the sending unit assembly. I suppose you could cut if off at the top and put a long extension on it, but I can't see how it could be damaged up that high.

genuineford

Reaction score
Yeah it is stainless steel tubing I doubt that it was damaged. If it was just get a new piece of tubing and use a compression fitting to put it on.

RedSmokey

Reaction score
The pickup tube is part of the sending unit assembly. I suppose you could cut if off at the top and put a long extension on it, but I can't see how it could be damaged up that high.

Ok, I wasnt aware, probably/hopefully it wasnt. Thanks!

Yeah it is stainless steel tubing I doubt that it was damaged. If it was just get a new piece of tubing and use a compression fitting to put it on.

Will do, thank you!

Latest posts

Members online