arp head stud install

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Quick question to anyone who has done this... 325ft/lbs at the final torque? I better eat some wheaties

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
ouch..ill bet breaking the stock bolts free is more tq... lol

Nos_GTSR

Reaction score
Im going to agree with you on that Mike. The ford techs cheat and use an impact gun. Are you going to be doing this cab on or off? I suggest off.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
You used chrome sockets Mike. Impact are the only option and for stock bolts it's wise to use 6 point too.

yeah after breaking 2 chrome sockets i learned... hence my writeup for cab on stud jobs...

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i used harbor freight impact sockets after i broke the chrome sockets..it was sunday and it was all i had. i broke one of those too... had to buy another $5 set to finish..lol

Erikclaw

Reaction score
That sucks if they are all you can get. Had a tranny jack from them. It did lift the trans, once. It was no good after that.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
^ is why I have snap on tools. The first time you get a broken socket in the face you realize the cheap tools are exactly that. Cheap. Granted I have a ton of money into tools, But I think of it as one set for life.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Now a days most decent brands are all lifetime warantee. I like Craftsman work good, not too $$$$ and replace them with no hassle.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
I'm actually doing it cab on. I prettymuch have all unnecessary items off..I'm working on putting a single on so its pretty bare... One question i had on the head stud install. Do you replace one at a time.. so pull the stock stud then put in a arp and torqur to the first sitting then go to the next? Or do all at once?

Latest posts

Members online