Swapping to 4.56 gears... question

ZombieHNTR

Reaction score
While my truck is in the shop getting its new lift I am doing a gear swap to 4.56, I have heard yes and no to this question... Should I look at a tru-trac while its out or does it matter for a street driven truck?

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I would, they work way better than the stock crap. Or at least mine did. Tru trac is perfect on the street, won't know it is there until you lite both of them up.I have one and I am happy with it.

ZombieHNTR

Reaction score
Shut up Craig, you know you miss me LOL And im eventually getting a trutrac for my 2wd... speaking of, I dont think iv even told anyone yet over on the local forum lol

LOL LOL LOL

That's cause your always on here.. :p

I'll start pricing out the Tru-Trac and see if I can fit it in my budget before SEMA.

1tonpower

Reaction score
How do the helical spider gears hold up with power.. I know a few guys that ran them I'm jeeps with half ton axles the they couldn't handle it. I know I'm comparing 1/2 ton axles to one tons... Any

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I have some play in my ring and pinion, don't know if it was from the instal. It is being looked at now, my driveline last way less than the spider gears. Never really heard of any spiders failing.

Layson

Reaction score
Yes go for it. It is nice to be able two leave to black marks :D

It definitely makes it different to drive. You gotta get used to it before you go crazy... LOL

I will have to keep an eye out for you at SEMA... :D

Latest posts

Members online