6.0 head gasket job

superstroker99

Reaction score
I know the 6.0 did not have exhaust manifold gaskets from the factory. Im putting one back together i usually put gaskets in but im in a bind and dont have any. You guys ever put them together without gaskets?

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
No, ford makes them for a reason after you break the factory seal. They don't cost much, do they not have them in stock and that puts you in a bind?

Chrisf97305

Reaction score
as I see it you have 2 choices.
1, use gaskets
2, have the manifolds surfaced, with the manifolds flat you can leave out the gasket

FX4 F2-Fifty

Reaction score
No gaskets here. When I had the heads done they checked them and I then cleaned up the manifolds with 400 grit on a block. Been a year and no problems... That I know of.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

IdahoF350

Reaction score
I used the Victor exhaust manifold gaskets. They were $13 when I bought them so to be sure I would have a pair if they were packaged as singles I ordered 2. I have a spare pair in the garage.

If your manifolds and heads looked like mine, I'd use gaskets or have both surfaces machined. There was surface marking fromthe movement of the manifolds against the head, expansion and contraction movement, that was developing small exhaust leaks between the manifolds and the heads.

Last edited:

Chrisf97305

Reaction score
I know that fel-pro are your typical gaskets, Ford's are all steel. Had trouble getting the manifolds that I built to seal with fel-pro. I think it was more of a weight issue though. Went to the Ford steel and no leaks. Will know more this winter when I pull them.

Latest posts

Members online