paint match bumpers?

baddkarmaracing

Reaction score
My truck os kn the body shop after a little accident... Its a silver fx4 so it has the dark grey bumpers and flares. I'm thinking about spraying everything silver. What do yall think? Anyone have pics of it?

TripleE44

Reaction score
Here's a few pics from someone else's old 08.

42b6c99a-b792-381d.jpg

42b6c99a-b79d-44b2.jpg

baddkarmaracing

Reaction score
i guess i should have proof read that when i posted it last night. i was too tired to do that though lol

im really thinking about it, just need to talk to the body shop about it and maybe about painting the headlights like harleys too

David S.

Reaction score
can never go wrong with color match. looks so much cleaner and sets you apart from the crowd for sure

cw96stroker

Reaction score
Wouldnt it be cheaper to buy used paintable bumpers than paying someone to sand blast your bumpers?

If you can find a good used paintable bumper for the right price, then It would probably be worth it, then you could either keep the chrome ones incase you ever wanted to put them back on, or just sell them to someone else. Or trade for the paintable ones.

baddkarmaracing

Reaction score
Just stumbled across this thread and thought I would post a pic of the truck after paint matching, now it just needs a little altitude and some wheels/ better tires

d8b721d5-2ce6-1ffc.jpg

AllanB

Reaction score
Not trying to de-rail, but is it possible to paint over chrome bumpers. I have a white 08 Superduty and I have been wanting to do the same thing. If so, what is the best way to go about preparing the chrome? Sorry for the de-rail.

Latest posts

Members online