Possible New Suspension/Wheel/Tire Setup

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I know I have been swapping around my suspension setup a lot on my truck the past year, but I have finally decided where I want to be. First I should note that I am pretty much done with the whole performance and go fast craze with this truck. It was definitely fun, but this is my daily driver and I put a lot of miles on my truck. I am probably going to try and find a RC/LB 2wd diesel to play around with starting next year, but for now I just want a reliable daily driver....that also looks good. This is what I plan on doing:

1. 2.5" Precision Metal Fab leveling kit - it's a coil spring leveling kit, not a block kit.
2. 4" Precision Metal Fab traction blocks (traction bar/rear block combo)
3. Shocks will probably be Icon, but I am open to other options
4. 18x9 or 20x9 black Fuel Octane's
5. 35" Toyo MT's or Nitto Trail Grapplers
6. Not right away, but eventually I would do a dual steering stabilizer and adjustable link arms as well.

Tell me what you guys think! You can critique, give advice, or tell me I'm crazy. I definitely would like advice on the shocks. I am looking for great ride quality. I know I can get that out of the coil springs from PMF, I just don't know about shocks. Thanks in advance guys!

- Jeff@Spartan

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
22s or youre gay and dont give me that they cost more bs either. So does changing everything every 3 months LOL

LMAO! 22's are out of the question. For one I can't afford the wheels and two I can't afford the tires. 20's at the biggest......unless you want to donate some. :D

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
22s or youre gay and dont give me that they cost more bs either. So does changing everything every 3 months LOL

I posted quicker than you edited. LOL

I have some stuff to sell, so that will make up for some of the costs of swapping. I still have the 4" BDS lift and Icon shocks in a box.

To be honest, I should have never gotten away from a leveling kit in the first place. My truck stayed the same ride height for 80,000 miles and I loved it. I should have just improved on that and made it ride better.....but I just had to go fast. :doh:

I had fun doing it though. Now it's time to grow up, quit beating around the bush, and make my truck right.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
By the way....I expect to get some criticism since I have swapped around so much. Criticism is good, as long as it's constructive. LOL

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
Exact setup I'm going with. Looking forward to seeing how yours turns out! 20's are the biggest I'd go with too. I'd love 22's but Dayum their pricey!!

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Exact setup I'm going with. Looking forward to seeing how yours turns out! 20's are the biggest I'd go with too. I'd love 22's but Dayum their pricey!!

I hear that. Can't wait to see yours finished up Scotty. I'm sure I will see it in person sooner or later. :thumbsup:

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
You won't do it... He says as he secretly wants them bmfs LOL

LOL

I wanted to get a set of 22x9.5 BMF Novakane's in the Stealth black. The only two things holding me back is the fear of ride quality loss with less sidewall and the ridiculously high cost of replacing 35" tires for 22" wheels. I put roughly 40,000 miles on my truck a year. I go through tires about every 12-16 months.

TripleE44

Reaction score
I didn't realize when I answered on the org that you deep down wanted 22s. Just do it man. This is how I rationalize my tires. If I can get 40,000 miles from my $400 tires, it costs me 4 pennies per mile. If that were 40,000 a year like what you're saying, that's only $400 per 3 month period. And that's if you didnt have to buy tires at all. The difference in price from 18s to 22s is going to be less than the $400.

So, when you really think about it, it breaks down to not be as significant as you think. I'd rather spend the extra $100 per tire and get what I want. You know you'd be way happier, hell, maybe you'd even stop changing setups every few months and save money.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.