Adjusting waste gate

sixmassive

Reaction score
I've migrated over here due to the more in depth knowledge and less "what tuner is best" questions. I'm new to the diesel performance world but i read all that i can before i ask questions.

My question:
I constantly run X-street because i found it got the best mileage and performance.
when i switch to tow tune to tow my boat, i run into problems.
when i get on it, it hesitates and bogs down, then goes, then bogs down, on and off very quickly. the dashDaq is pulling p0088 (FRP too high) not smoking alot.
Eric suggested:
"I had another customer with the issue and he reloaded the tune, adjusted the wastegate, and it fixed the issue. This was about a week ago. His boost down low was too high and driving the rp up at part throttle."

I havent gotten the chance to adjust it because i am at work. But i was thinking, would this also happen on x-race, and street?
can i mark on the knob where i am set for x-street, then note where i need to be set for the other tunes? or does the knob not return to the same position?
what tune requires less BP in relation to x-street?

sorry if i am a ratard.

my mods:
Built 6.4 bored .20 over w/ ceramic coated pistons
Full SunCoast transmission
Elite Diesel high pressure fuel pump, head studs, fuel rails, EGR Delete w/ wastegate, Airdog upgrade, & pressure relief valve.
6.0 CFM + intake w/ 6.4 adapter plate
Banks Intercooler
Rudy’s Performance cold side intercooler pipe
AFE intake w/ pro guard 7 filter
4’’ downpipe
5” Flo Pro full exhaust
AirDog 2 165
SCT w/ IDP tunes by eric
DachDaq W/ spartan tunes

Thanks

Last edited:

WoodBoy

Reaction score
I thought you had to reroute your wastegate per tune, the new extreme mild seems to run cooler and less bp but idk about towing your boat with it

Latest posts

Members online