intake boots

PsRumors

Reaction score
Who has good intake boot? I need to replace mine and ford want $35 ea for them. Seems kind of crazy.

These are the two orange boots that connect to the plenum. 2.5" I believe.

Reaction score
I notice you are running an IC. Do you have an early 99 spyder (step-down boots 2-3/8 to 2") or the Banks spyder (Straight 2" boots)? Cheers!"

KPSquared

Reaction score
Don't know much about the OBS, but I know the reason that the 99.5-03's boots fail so bad is largely due to the oil from the CCV. Silicone does not resist oil... that makes for soggy, slippery, degraded boots.

New boots will eventually do the same thing. (except for the dieselsite boots apparently...)

Right now I'm running a couple pieces of heavy duty rad hose due to a lack of local supply and a small side of the road blow-out... time for new boots for me as well!

purpleheart350

Reaction score
I looked at the diesel site and they dont have OBS boots they were for early 99 and up. does it matter. Arent they different size between OBS and SD

Strokersace

Reaction score
I have the DS boots and used them for 4 years on 3 different trucks. I just notices the other day when I had the i/c pipes off that 1 of the boots is torn on the inside where both the pipe and the spider slide in. Nothing thru to the outside but not great either.

I've been very impressed with them. Need to call Bob to see if I can just buy one boot. Need new clamps too since 1/2 of mine are crapping out. I've considered the Riff Raff ones since they come in red, but am not sure if I like the "hump" boots or not.

loudmouth

Reaction score
Riff Raff has some nice OBS boots for less than 25$. I put them on last month and have no issues.

powerchoker

Reaction score
I used Riffraff Y boots on my 96 and they work great, not to mention the turbo intake that I got from them as well for 1/3 of what Ford wanted and way better quality. Less than $20 I think.

baderic03

Reaction score
2in i run all vibrant tubes on my truck with vband clamps nice stuff and are alot better then fords junk

its like $18 for two boots plus the vband clamps if you want them

Members online

No members online now.