Resetting keyless entry

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
My friend just bought an 04 ford and doesn't have the code for the keyless entry on the door. How does he reset it? Does he need to go to the dealer?

Garrett

Probably getting paid at work to post this from my D1

fordboy11

Reaction score
If im not mistaken you have to take it to ford and provide the papers its yours. Also the fee is not cheap they rapped my ole man when he took his truck in. I really hope i'm wrong but with out the code you cant do it..

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
If the code isnt in the book somewhere then its under the dash somewhere. Someone can provide an exact location? Ill look at mine tmw and see if I can find it. I've never actually looked for it myself.

florida 6.0

Reaction score
I used that thread to reset mine , took about 1/2 an hour to get to it and put the dash back together.The sticker will be upside down with nothing on it but your code . Looks real generic.

mike@haller's

Reaction score
any one with an ids can look the code up in about 5 minutes its crazy what dealers charge for it. the code should be on the module under the dash as well

Atsah

Reaction score
Just realized the link I posted was for keyfob only..:doh: Sorry..

Zmann

Reaction score
..........................................................................................................

Attachments

• Lots of people have this problem and I was one of them.doc
    24 KB · Views: 54
  • door pin.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 2002-07 EXCURSION F250 F350 DDME.pdf
    147.6 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Ids was the old tech and then they went to wds I think. I don't know though what it stands for. Both have their advantages and dis advantages. As for the door code when I was looking for it along time ago the tag is most of the time behind the radio which is a easy pull on 03-04 trucks and still not to hard on the 05+. I can have the factory radio out of mine in 15-20mins

Stroked

Reaction score
nope, was ngs, then wds, then pds and ids, now pds is obsolete for the most part. wds is ancient, never worked efficiently anyways