Pretty amazing

Dieselcraft

Reaction score
Ok guys I'm kind of amazed I'm doing a hg job on a 03 6l I did a egre delete on it last august 30+k ago cN you believe the intake is this clean
4cfb17e7.jpg
this truck has a banks six gun it never leaves the highst tune. Just a in left head off pic
5e677b9c.jpg
FYI if you have a old chrome swivel throw it away I used mine in a tight spot next to my hand with 3/8 impact and pin found my hand I HURT
418345fd.jpg

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
How long does it take to take all that crap out to do it witht the cab on?>

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
It is but I just wanna know. Im not trying to start a fight lol

Silverback

Reaction score
Its not any harder to pull heads cab on IMO. Oh and you don't need a lift....

02BigD

Reaction score
How long does it take to take all that crap out to do it witht the cab on?>

I watched a guy, pull a 6.0 into a shop, and within 2 hours, he had 1 head off. Cab on the truck, and this guy is focused, but we were chatting while he was working.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I dont even wanna guess how many he had to do to get that good either.

02BigD

Reaction score
I dont even wanna guess how many he had to do to get that good either.

Drained the coolant, removed the fan and radiator. That gave him enough room to stand in the front of the engine compartment. Then he went to town on the top of the motor.

I was impressed, as it was first time watching the procedure in person as I've personally never messed with a 6 leaker. Given how long I've heard it takes to remove the cab, seemed like the dude was moving...

Silverback

Reaction score
A Day job or weekend job you talk'in?

An What do you Have to have too bust some low 13's like that? Besides alot of Cash lol

Uh about 2.5 hours to pull both heads cab on. I've done quite a few..

And my only power adders are 190/100 injectors and an ssx. All supporting mods of course.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Drained the coolant, removed the fan and radiator. That gave him enough room to stand in the front of the engine compartment. Then he went to town on the top of the motor.

I was impressed, as it was first time watching the procedure in person as I've personally never messed with a 6 leaker. Given how long I've heard it takes to remove the cab, seemed like the dude was moving...

It takes 2 or 3 hours to get the cab off. It took me 4. but i did a motor swap so its whatever. We shouldnt fight about it like we do.

Uh about 2.5 hours to pull both heads cab on. I've done quite a few..

And my only power adders are 190/100 injectors and an ssx. All supporting mods of course.

gross.

Dieselcraft

Reaction score
IT TOOK 3HRS to pull heads when you pull the ac box out it takes about 15 min to pull right head. i started saterday at 9am finished at 4pm sunday only worked till 11pm saterday. and showed back up at 9am it was a fun lil job.
my hand hurts now

i left the fan stator on. i should of took some more pics

Last edited:

Gearhead

Reaction score
must be he doesn't have an SCT then, right? Cause an SCT will turn the light off. I don't have an EGR valve on my truck.

Even with an SCT you should leave the valve plugged in to keep the COOLING FAN happy...... They (kit mfgrs) should stop telling people that it is okay to remove the EGR valve. On some trucks, the fan max duty cycle gets clipped to a low value and it won't show it's ugliness until you go to tow something and get an overheated engine.

Latest posts

Members online