Rv tires

Dirtclod

Reaction score
I went to a place today and had tires put on my travel trailer. I left it there while I did some visiting and running errands. I came back and paid them and left again without looking at the tires. They are D rated 2 ply. My trailer is 12k 14k loaded. It was in SC and have to be in Michigan Monday. I'm hoping they will get me there.

mandkole

Reaction score
Good luck- hopefully the cooler weather will save you, but they sound like the wrong tires and youre over loaded. D range is normally for a smaller 3500# axle rating (5 lug hub) and 6 lug is E range. If its a newer trailer, the information tag on the trailer often has a tire size.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
most rv tires are D rated. my 10k fiver had D's. i am willing to bet that your trailer had D's on it from the factory and that is what the shop replaced it with..

where at in michigan are you heading and wtf are you bringing a trailer for? its gonna be cold as *** here soon...

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Lol! Muskeegan MI. There's 2 campgrounds open year round so I thought wtf I'll stay long as I can. I'm planning on hangin in the Midwest for the next few years so I'll put it in storage if I have to. It's pretty well insulated. Avion by Fleetwood 35' pull behind. My 01 handles pretty good. I made it back to NC this morning and grabbed a knap. Gotta get my power windows working and I'll pull out. 15 min up I77 is Fancy Gap 7 miles 5% grade or something like that. We'll see how she does. I wish I had my chip working but haven't had time get it anywhere. They're all busy anyways.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Lol! Muskeegan MI. There's 2 campgrounds open year round so I thought wtf I'll stay long as I can. I'm planning on hangin in the Midwest for the next few years so I'll put it in storage if I have to. It's pretty well insulated. Avion by Fleetwood 35' pull behind. My 01 handles pretty good. I made it back to NC this morning and grabbed a knap. Gotta get my power windows working and I'll pull out. 15 min up I77 is Fancy Gap 7 miles 5% grade or something like that. We'll see how she does. I wish I had my chip working but haven't had time get it anywhere. They're all busy anyways.
*** that chit!

live life full throttle

mandkole

Reaction score
most rv tires are D rated. my 10k fiver had D's. i am willing to bet that your trailer had D's on it from the factory and that is what the shop replaced it with..

live life full throttle

If it has triple axles, it would be manageable with a spare or two. Ive not run Ds in a long time.

Twan

Reaction score
If it's 15" wheels the E is only like 300 lbs stronger. They go just as fast as the D from my experience. I run all 16" wheels now for that reson.

psduser1

Reaction score
Are you coming up for work?

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Yes! Supposed to have started today just ran into too many issues. I got my new tires for the truck. Firestones, I went from 315/75/16's to 285/75/16's. Aggressive mud tread 950 and change otd. I love them. No rubbing at all. However they tow different. I use an equalizer hitch for my pull behind. I set it up like always except I used receiver holes pulled in closer to the truck. It was swaying bad. So I changed it and it still did it. I dropped more weight down and it helped but still not happy. It has anti sway bar also. Any suggestions?
Also my turbo needs help. It barks really loud when you let off it. Also a high pitch sound on acceleration. Today when I plugged up the Ts chip it shudders bad. I'll have to do something before I can tow with the chip. There's lots of options out there and I don't know enough about it. 210k miles on it I suppose a rebuild kit. What about a biggest actuator? Ww2 billet wheel? Towing is my main concern so what you guys think?

Latest posts

Members online