Got a little errr big leak.....

Pahrump

Reaction score
I am not CERTAIN where the puddle of coolant on the driveway is coming from but I think it's from the egr coolers.

Will these
47bac7ee.jpg

Fix this??
45e34e0c.jpg

jdgleason

Reaction score
It kinda looks like you have a cracked cooler.... in which case blocker plates will not fix that. You will need to delete the cooler.

switchmode

Reaction score
For a full egr delete you also need coolant plugs for the front cover. This is where the egr coolers are plumbed in. The coolant plugs look like this and the installed in the front cover.

cdcec4fe-dcc0-3948.jpg

cdcec4fe-dcd1-f44b.jpg

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Mother bitch!!! Can I do the delete with the cab on

yup...only part that would be a bitch cab on is the wastegate IIRC...but you dont have to do a gate if you dont want...and cut the cooler at the bend and it will slide out a lot easier

mhop

Reaction score
I have EGR deletes in stock. The delete is easy to do, you do not have to pull the cab for the delete kit we have.

JDub

Reaction score
yup...only part that would be a bitch cab on is the wastegate IIRC...but you dont have to do a gate if you dont want...and cut the cooler at the bend and it will slide out a lot easier

Our Wastegate kits can be installed without removing the cab. Pretty straight forward installation. Once the stock coolers are out our wastegate kit can be installed in less than an hour.

http://wideopenperformance.net/store/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=296_288_287_276&products_id=1191

Jhaddox

Reaction score

mike@haller's

Reaction score
I would use the WOP kit. Its sick how its mounted out of the way, and out of the under hood heat. Plus it makes the gate completely servicable if you ever need to make changes.

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
That sucks, hope it's fixed soon, can't the coolant run backwards through the cooler and exhaust manifold and lock the rear cylinder? That wouldn't be fun on the wallet if low end parts start to break. I'm surprised this hasn't happened to me yet.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Pretty easy with the cab on right??? There a need for a wastegate?

It can be done cab on in two to four hours depending in skill level. A waste gate helps if your running big tunes and hot roding it a lot though, but you can always add one down the road if needed. There real nice kits and hard to beat for the price and what all you get. The polished stainless elbow adds a little under hood bling too.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
WOP gate FTW honestly

ALso check to make sure that its not just the upper radiator hose thats leaking, there is a new updated hose with 2 orings that is supposed to fix it, but i have seen it run down the hose, onto the cooler, and then down in the same fashion as you posted... just food for thought

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
It can be done cab on in two to four hours depending in skill level. A waste gate helps if your running big tunes and hot roding it a lot though, but you can always add one down the road if needed. There real nice kits and hard to beat for the price and what all you get. The polished stainless elbow adds a little under hood bling too.

that intake elbow leaves a lot to be desired, as well you guys should sell it with a cold side pipe. but that is a great price no doubt.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Isn't it Dirty Diesel's elbow? I thought they were pretty nice....

i bought mine for fashion..but if you look at the elbow geometry, it leaves a lot to be desired. i doubt its of any issue on a stock turbo'd truck, but should have a cold side pipe included with that kit. if a guy is gonna delete the egr..the cold side pipe should be recycled IMO.

Pahrump

Reaction score
WOP gate FTW honestly

ALso check to make sure that its not just the upper radiator hose thats leaking, there is a new updated hose with 2 orings that is supposed to fix it, but i have seen it run down the hose, onto the cooler, and then down in the same fashion as you posted... just food for thought

Yes there was mention of that by a ford tech here that I know through a friend. He said he would look over the truck as soon as I find time to bring it to him.

Let me add that this leak started a while back. Some mornings there would be a 4-6" diameter puddle under the truck and over the last few weeks it has gotten worse it will leave a puddle so big that it will run down my driveway. And it leaks more when topped off than when low...meaning I can fill the over flow bottle up to the line and drive the truck then park and it will leak like crazy...but once the bottle is low it don't leak nearly as much....and by low I mean it takes maybe a half gallon or less of coolant to top it off.

Latest posts

Members online