Transgo HD-2 Shift kit...reviews..

MorganY

Reaction score
Hey everyone, first post on the army! Quick question, is anyone here running the transgo-HD2 shift kit? thoughts on this please, how do you like it???

I installed everything in the pump, and the valvebody parts will be installed tomorrow (rebuilt my trans this weekend with suncoast internals and a triple disk:p) will post pictures later:redspotdance:

MorganY

Reaction score
had the trans out, I did the rebuild myself..lasted for a bit until the converter burnt up because I left a retaining ring out of the pump

twin_turbo

Reaction score
retaining rings

When you say retaining ring you mean the m shaped one that holds the springs in correct? Did it fall out or you just forgot to put it in?

MorganY

Reaction score
I believe it was actually the smaller spring clip that held the valves in place. not sure though. I took it to PSM after that and they fixed me up. I was 17yrs old when I did it last year, and had to make due with the little $, time and space I had...ended up paying the rebuild later on anyway..LOL one of these days ill go back into a core and try again for practice.

heres some photos.

6616e610.jpg

5a9e1337.jpg

05a03d77.jpg

157f547e.jpg

049f3421.jpg

21ae43cd.jpg

c37052d2.jpg

c033b28e.jpg

f5e40370.jpg

twin_turbo

Reaction score
I put a shift kit in mine and was going to put in a rcd converter but once i got it apart my stock o/d clutches were shot so I decided its time for a rebuild. A local shop is doing it for me. I thought about it but I have little experience with autos so they are installing an elite rebuild kit. I would like to get one to practice on and in the future i plan on rebuilding one. i want to learn lol

MorganY

Reaction score
I am not afraid of anything..first time to work on a 6.4 and I pulled the motor cab on with a box of hand tools and a harbor freight engine hoist! It's easy with some practice!!

twin_turbo

Reaction score
trans

Im not really either just want this done right and if they dont put it together right they can fix it lol. I really thought about it but for what they are going to charge i will let them do it. i am going to see if i can watch when he does it to see if i could have handled it.

MorganY

Reaction score
Im not really either just want this done right and if they dont put it together right they can fix it lol. I really thought about it but for what they are going to charge i will let them do it. i am going to see if i can watch when he does it to see if i could have handled it.

to be honest I am glad I tried it first, or else I would have never known..I bet next go round Ill have it spot on...my credit card wished I paid for the rebuild the first go round LOL

Latest posts

Members online