Teach me...

DieselheadJake

Reaction score
Teach me on how to make my truck ride a lot smoother than it is now. Right now all it has on it is stock suspension with front sway bar and rancho shocks. What should I get? Trac bars? Long or short? Rear sway bar? Dual stabilizer? Any advice will be great!!

jdgleason

Reaction score
Spend some extra cash. Get some Icons or maybe bilstiens. You could go nuts and get some coil overs. That would dramatically change the ride.

G Racing

Reaction score
Lol, IMO I like bilstien shocks. Others have their favorites and personal choices. Doing the 05 conversion will help a bunch. Going to the longer 08 and up springs in the back will help a bit. You will have to change the hanger mount for it to work though.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Different mounting hardware, and a radius arm or link set up. I wasnt thinking about your truck having leafs at first. Im not 100% on the ins and outs of swapping leafs for a coil set up.

G Racing

Reaction score
The best thing is to get everything off an 05 and up donor truck. Axles front and rear, radius arms and brackets, sway bar and end links, coils, and the buckets for the frame. The buckets you can get from the dealer so you don't have to cut the old ones off.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Other than shocks... you could probably find some softer leafs, maybe a different shackle, and drop tire pressure a few psi

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Does that year have the shackle in the front? If it does, I know there are kits out there to make the solid mount in the front and shackle in the rear. That is suppose to improve the ride a lot and is on the cheaper side.