Couple Questions

60POWERSTROKE73

Reaction score
1st off is the coolant level, if the engine is at op temp or cold, sitting over night, the level doesn't change at all. It stays under the cold line all the time. Should I add coolant or am I good? No puking is occurring or anything.
Next is, I have SCT with Eric's x-street loaded in and it's starting to get cold in the mornings and it starts a little rough. Is there a way to fix that or will a tuned 6.0 cold start like that no matter what.

Atsah

Reaction score
1st off is the coolant level, if the engine is at op temp or cold, sitting over night, the level doesn't change at all. It stays under the cold line all the time. Should I add coolant or am I good? No puking is occurring or anything.
Next is, I have SCT with Eric's x-street loaded in and it's starting to get cold in the mornings and it starts a little rough. Is there a way to fix that or will a tuned 6.0 cold start like that no matter what.

I just make sure my coolant is at the min mark on the bottle when it's cold.. Can't help ya as far as the chip stuff.. Probably need to use a syn or lighter weight oil if you haven't allready..

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Do you get any smoke at startup? Sometimes mines rolls into a start and sometimes it sounds like all 8 fired at once.

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
I just make sure my coolant is at the min mark on the bottle when it's cold.. Can't help ya as far as the chip stuff.. Probably need to use a syn or lighter weight oil if you haven't allready..

^What he said my ex street runs a little rough when cold but only for like a second. When I had 2 bad injectors it was alot worse.

60POWERSTROKE73

Reaction score
When it's cold the coolant is below the min mark, then, when warm it's right above the min mark. I'm guessing it's ok.

Do you get any smoke at startup? Sometimes mines rolls into a start and sometimes it sounds like all 8 fired at once.
I get a little black smoke at start up. The mornings it's around 60s but in December it gets to the 30s, so I can only imagine how it will be then. Are rough cold starts hard on anything?

bad moose

Reaction score
That's not bad at all. But if you are concerned, I would back off on the tuning to the Aggressive Street for the winter, that is what I do anyways. It doesn't seem to be as rough on the start up. Idk if the rough starts hurt anything, I just don't like it. If I go on a longer trip it goes back up to the Extreme Street and I let it warm up a little before taking off, I get the best fuel milage with it. But most of the winter it is on Aggressive.

Or you try Rev-x and see if that helps.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Ya 60* is not cold I've started mine in upstate new york after sitting for 2 days in -5 to 10 degree weather without plugging it in. Starts rough but always starts. And your video seems to start just fine

Members online

No members online now.