Trans Tuning - MCC parameters glossary

jetskier

Reaction score
I've been experimenting with the trans tuning lately after frustration with some poor shifting on my 2013 using GH tunes. What I haven't seen is a glossary of the various values in the tuning software. It'd be nice to have a thread that contains information and recommendations on most of the settings and other tips for trans tuning.

Shift points. The MPH settings seem to be off by a factor. 49-50 mph seems to correlate to 36 in the tables. I've played around with various shift points and seem to have this area close for all shifts

There are five torque control switches. What specifically is happening when these are on or off and what other settings are overridden as a result.

Torque Converter. The values section has a lot of settings.

HOT LOCK for instance is great for keeping the converter locked up. But it comes with some compromises. If you lower it to like around 100-120 rather than the default 260, it's locked most of the time. Some suggest 85, but in colder climates it doesn't feel right until things warm up. However, there it seems to override some of the torque converter lockup/unlock settings. The issue I've seen is that the 3-2 downshift can sometimes be too harsh with the converter staying locked up.

How far can you take the min/max speed ratios for lockup or unlock. Same for the time delays. What works 1 sec? 2? 4? Also, the minimum slip values for pos and neg up/down shifts.

What exactly happens in fast mode? is it triggered after a few seconds of WOT or near it? When does it exit this mode?

I haven't touched line pressure yet. The file I received for a 2012 SCT is much more refined than the one H&S has for my 2013. (Thanks Corey!) I think if I sent this to GH as a base it would fix my harsh shifting issues, but where's the fun in that. I may do it anyway as the line pressure between the two are drastic at low throttle positions.

I'm not going to touch the solenoid tables unless there's a clear understanding on the tables and what they do.

And finally, my biggest complaint is having to download the engine tunes when I only make changes to the trans file.

Latest posts

Members online