'70s Model Dana 60 Front Axle

oneton

Reaction score
also the knuckles are prone to cracking.with the weight of a psd i'm sure it wont be long before they do.

lossscause

Reaction score
Thinking about a D60 swap already?

If you find one from 95-97 you can swap all your brake hardware over, assuming it's worth swapping.

I'd advise finding an axle that someone took care of. I'm learning the hard way - mine needed just about everything you can think of. :fustrate:

mjonesjr

Reaction score
Thinking about a D60 swap already?

If you find one from 95-97 you can swap all your brake hardware over, assuming it's worth swapping.

I'd advise finding an axle that someone took care of. I'm learning the hard way - mine needed just about everything you can think of. :fustrate:
Yea. My TTB needs ball joints and tie rod ends pretty bad. For the cost of the parts and installation I could have bought those axles. I don't want to spend a whole lot on axles, yet.

I don't understand why the Dodge Dana 60 front's are going anywhere from $200-$500 around here and the Ford Dana 60 front's are going from $800-$1500 .

oneton

Reaction score
I guess I will pass. That sucks cause I found front and rear for $500.

damn,if you were'nt so far away,i would try to get it or find an axle to trade you,i want one for my 78 f250,unless i put these rockwells under it.

oneton

Reaction score
Yea. My TTB needs ball joints and tie rod ends pretty bad. For the cost of the parts and installation I could have bought those axles. I don't want to spend a whole lot on axles, yet.

I don't understand why the Dodge Dana 60 front's are going anywhere from $200-$500 around here and the Ford Dana 60 front's are going from $800-$1500 .

if its dodge axles after 93,its cause there junk.they are a 60,but have 2 piece long axle shafts,vacuum assist axle engagement,unit bearings,etc

oneton

Reaction score
i've seen them go for 100$ around here,complete.

also the 93 down dodge 60's wont work either,WITHOUT work.spring pads are same spacing as 78-87 gm,73-79 ford,dodge to 93.also some dodge leafspring 60 fronts use an offset pinion,different from regular 60 fronts.limited gear selection among other things

Last edited:

oneton

Reaction score
Dang, that would be nice.

I had a lead on a '89 Dana 60 DRW axle about a month ago, but sold before I got there to get it. The guy was asking $250 for it.

the ones for a 100 were the 94 up

would have been a good buy.

here ive seen the newer dodge dana 80 rears go for 12-1800 by itself.

mjonesjr

Reaction score
I don't care if it has ball joints or not. I would prefer kingpins, but wouldn't turn away a ball joint axle.

oneton

Reaction score
I don't care if it has ball joints or not. I would prefer kingpins, but wouldn't turn away a ball joint axle.

yea,some argue kp's are better than bj's.kp's are a little easier to replace.but there is plenty of aftermarket support for either.

really just depends on what plans are for truck.stock,lifted,etc

mjonesjr

Reaction score
Kingpins are a little stronger than ball joints. They are easier to replace too.

Mine's gonna stay stock height.

oneton

Reaction score
dont give up.you'll find one for a good price.i had been hunting for a 40/20/40 seat for my cc,finally found one for a good price not the same color,but the seat is in good shape